Informatica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

3.2

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Submit request through manager and met with hiring manager withing a few days two face to face interviews then final interview. Decision took a week or so to get answers

Interview Questions

• whats more important technical expertise of sales skills   1 Answer

QA Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica in December 2015.

Interview

The first is Coding questions, and there are three questions.
    one is algorithm, 2nd is qa basic questions. 3rd is algorithm also.
    After you pass coding questions, they will give you phone interview.
    And the time is around one and a half hour. if you are good coding, the time is enough.
    For qa summer intern, i think it is not necessary to have a coding quiz.

Interview Questions

• one is algorithm, 2nd is qa basic questions. 3rd is debug.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Phone interview to onsite. Meet with several team members. Excellent HR, kept me up to date on everything. After interview, even though I messed up a question with one person they said they liked me but was going to wait a few more weeks. I knew that was a bad sign. They went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about NPV and forecasting growth %. Y1 100mill, Y2 200mill, Y3 300mill, what equation do you use to find growth? (i panicked)

standard interview questions
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

I applied at the career fair. I had an on campus interview. The interviewer was nice. We talked about my project in the beginning. Then I was asked three coding questions. The first one was about BST. The second one was about a self-balanced tree. The third one was about swapping pages. I did not get any offer. They have a very big department in India.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

About 2-3 weeks after I submitted my resume I received a call from an internal recruiter, Mary. She was personable & professional. We had a 30 min phone interview & an in person interview was scheduled with a couple of the dept managers. Everyone was friendly, and genuine. After 2 great meetings with a manager & director, I learned the role I interviewed for was filled, but they had another role I was a fit for. I had a phone interview with the manager of that team. I felt very comfortable & at ease with all 3 interviewers. The recruiter was communicative & followed up in timely manner. One of the best interview experiences I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• If I introduced you to my team on your first day, and said "This is <my name> she's known for ....?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview for about an hour. Pretty standard and ask some questions about the resume and past experience. Two technical questions, one is data structure and the other is about database.

Interview Questions

• Define a double linked list class and implement the deletion   Answer Question
    • How to store the average salary of a department that allow you to retrieve and update them very fast   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process is pretty relaxed and enjoyable. Usually, you'll be presented with a online test followed by a phone screening interview. This interview should be a blend of questions on your resume, few knowledge based questions and coding questions. The interviewer would be more interested in your problem solving approach so try to vocalize the approach before starting to code. If, this goes fine. they'll fly you to Redwood City for a on-site almost a day-long interview. I had series of 5 interviewers interviewing me each with different domain of questions.

Expect questions on basic data structures, algorithms, design questions and that should be all mostly.

Interview Questions

• Design the data structure for a calculator   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Fine. Very behavioral. Interviewer called almost immediately after I said that I was interested in the position. Went through job description and discussed my personality.

I never got a response, even after an email followup 30 days later :(

QA Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica in October 2015.

Interview

I talked to Informatica at my college's job fair. A few week later I was asked to do a coding challenge on Hackerrank. They were 3 easy technical problems as a basic screening. About 3 weeks later they responded to schedule a phone+googledoc interview with a QA manager. The interviewer was extremely difficult to understand and did a bad job explaining the problem. Although I tried my best to extract exactly what was being asked, I misunderstood a simple problem as a something else and wasted an incredible amount of time trying to solve the wrong thing.

Interview Questions

• Given two binary trees, how would you find the intersection within them, and output a tree of the intersection. However, what they mean to ask was: Write a function that finds if two binary trees are completely identical.   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Did an on-campus interview with Informatica at IU. This went well. Basic interview questions to start with. Why would you be an ideal candidate? Tell me about a project the went wrong. and so on. Then there was a chance to ask them questions. I asked about things like the culture and the travel time. Do your research but dont be too nervous.
    Then I was asked to go to Chicago to do an onsite interview. They paid expenses. This was a whole morning process. There was 3 separate interviews. A rotation of sorts. They all asked general questions but then each had some interesting things to say. I had one rude and negative guy and two nice and pleasant guys. Not sure if this was a tactic on their part or an actual personality trait of that man. But the interviews went well. They called me 2 weeks later and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How to you use SQl injection of Oracle.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate. It was my highest offer. I just went for it.