Informatica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Informatica Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018

3.2

Alliance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica in December 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews with recruiters and 3 additional interviews. I was told I would go to the next level. After 2 weeks of follow-up to find out when the next interview would be scheduled, I received a call that they has hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions for the role   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Informatica in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume at university career fair. Then got an email asking me to submit again online. Then OA test. Three questions for 90 minutes. Two of them are coding, which I think is extremely difficult. The other one is basic Java syntax.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Initial communication was slow, waited weeks between emails and phone calls. But each time we spoke they seemed excited to talk to me. Don't stress if they don't get back to you promptly, they have more important things to do than hire an intern- same goes for any job.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions pertaining to the job were asked, but mostly be prepared to talk about your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Informatica Response

May 27, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your remarks about your Interview experience with Informatica. We apologize for the lack of communication and your comments are being reviewed by senior leadership to help improve our... More

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview. First one was face to face. It was easy , basic Oops, Mysql,Unix questions. Second was telephonic and third round was face to face interview that lasted 4 hours.
    Easy interview. People are not professional. No response after interview.

Senior Level Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I knew someone in the group so there was no application process. After a phone interview with the hiriing manager I was invited for a full day on site with senior leaders in each org. Interviews were fairly standard with some scenario based questions as one would expect.

One offputting part of the interview setup process was the lack of communication between the recruiter, coordinator and back to me. The date of the interviews was up in the air from the recruiter. By the time I heard from the coordinator for the first time, the interviews were already completely scheduled and I had to clear an entire day of meetings in short order not to mention that the coordinator wasn't exactly apologetic by email or in person.

The recruiter I was working with seemed stretched really thin between different groups and roles and honestly didn't seem to know the role as thoroughly as he/she should have, and was unable to answer many questions.

During the negotiation process the recruiter couldn't answer questions about bonus potential and equity participation (eg did not know what strike price meant, could not explain the vesting) and didn't seem all that interested in finding out the answers after several times asking. Ultimately this and asking for my W-2s soured me on the offer, even though the hiring manager and execs were fantastic. I didn't provide that information but was really not happy at being asked and then being told that "we don't make big salary jumps just because someone is making a high salary externally" and I was also told "no one else has asked these questions" related to equity.

Every company should realize that attitude is part of your company brand, even during interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach X - tell me step by step what you would do when you come into this role. (Pretty standard stuff)   Answer Question

Informatica Response

Apr 7, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We are sorry you had a bad experience interviewing with us. Obviously, this is not what we intended and regret the inconvenience and distress to you. Please accept our best wishes for your future... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Standard ctci questions. Two whiteboard coding. Prepare well and you would be fine. One about the preorder traversal of a tree. Second about the implementation of a queue. They had come to the career fair and had told us to apply online. They then give a hackerrank test which is not too tough

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Started at the end of last year. An easy OA came first, and then a skype interview about some basic algorithm questions. Went for onsite last week. 3 technical interviews are all about designing. HR, manager and lunch interviews are very nice.

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Submit request through manager and met with hiring manager withing a few days two face to face interviews then final interview. Decision took a week or so to get answers

Interview Questions

• whats more important technical expertise of sales skills   1 Answer

QA Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica in December 2015.

Interview

The first is Coding questions, and there are three questions.
    one is algorithm, 2nd is qa basic questions. 3rd is algorithm also.
    After you pass coding questions, they will give you phone interview.
    And the time is around one and a half hour. if you are good coding, the time is enough.
    For qa summer intern, i think it is not necessary to have a coding quiz.

Interview Questions

• one is algorithm, 2nd is qa basic questions. 3rd is debug.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Phone interview to onsite. Meet with several team members. Excellent HR, kept me up to date on everything. After interview, even though I messed up a question with one person they said they liked me but was going to wait a few more weeks. I knew that was a bad sign. They went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about NPV and forecasting growth %. Y1 100mill, Y2 200mill, Y3 300mill, what equation do you use to find growth? (i panicked)

standard interview questions   1 Answer