Informatica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Informatica Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

3.2

Communications Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Fine. Very behavioral. Interviewer called almost immediately after I said that I was interested in the position. Went through job description and discussed my personality.

I never got a response, even after an email followup 30 days later :(

QA Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica in October 2015.

Interview

I talked to Informatica at my college's job fair. A few week later I was asked to do a coding challenge on Hackerrank. They were 3 easy technical problems as a basic screening. About 3 weeks later they responded to schedule a phone+googledoc interview with a QA manager. The interviewer was extremely difficult to understand and did a bad job explaining the problem. Although I tried my best to extract exactly what was being asked, I misunderstood a simple problem as a something else and wasted an incredible amount of time trying to solve the wrong thing.

Interview Questions

• Given two binary trees, how would you find the intersection within them, and output a tree of the intersection. However, what they mean to ask was: Write a function that finds if two binary trees are completely identical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Did an on-campus interview with Informatica at IU. This went well. Basic interview questions to start with. Why would you be an ideal candidate? Tell me about a project the went wrong. and so on. Then there was a chance to ask them questions. I asked about things like the culture and the travel time. Do your research but dont be too nervous.
    Then I was asked to go to Chicago to do an onsite interview. They paid expenses. This was a whole morning process. There was 3 separate interviews. A rotation of sorts. They all asked general questions but then each had some interesting things to say. I had one rude and negative guy and two nice and pleasant guys. Not sure if this was a tactic on their part or an actual personality trait of that man. But the interviews went well. They called me 2 weeks later and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How to you use SQl injection of Oracle.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate. It was my highest offer. I just went for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Harrisonburg, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position from a Campus Job Fair, got the interview a couple weeks after. The interview was in person and lasted 30-40 minutes. All the questions were behavioral, the only technical questions were about how much I knew about each technical skill on my resume. It was a one-on-one interview with a senior-level analyst in the company, their normal interviewers were not available during the week they were on my campus.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my proficiency was in each of the programming languages/software. Very open ended at the end, wanted to hear my feedback.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Harrisonburg, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief behavioral interview to start. After discussing various topics on my resume, we moved on to some technical questions about SQL. Overall a very relaxed and inviting interview. I left feeling much more informed and interested in the company.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It was lengthy and a bit arduous. There were several initial phone interviews with a couple different managers as well as their director. Once you've gone through a series of these interviews, you get the opportunity to have a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. Due to the nature of their schedule, it can take a couple weeks before you hear back.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your accounts?
      How do you differentiate yourself from your peers?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Informatica in September 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview in September from a HR. Only resume related questions were asked and no technical questions. It lasted about half an hour. I was told they would consider me and get back to me in a week. Then I received a rejection email in a week.

Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later had a great connection with the recruiter. A few days after talking to the recruiter had a good call with the hiring manager. Then things went dark, I would reach out every 2 weeks for about 3 months asking where we were. The recruiter would take days to let me know I am still in consideration. After two months of that, I accepted an offer else where. Eventually after starting the process 3 months prior (and another job), I got a voice message saying they went with someone else.

Not sure why they dragged out the process. If I was in consideration, lets get to the next step. If not, let me know asap. Fortunately for me I had options.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

phone . then skype, one on one, in person , on site . its was a long process . one phase after the other . the team interviewed, then lead , manager , hr .

Interview Questions

• regarding informatica ,etl etc   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR lady, and a technical phone interview with a senior engineer. Then they scheduled me with a whole morning interviews with a few people in the company. They asked me bunch of technical questions on certain skills. And when I asked them if I need to use those skills in the potential job, and they said no. I don't feel the interviews were friendly and respectful. It seems they just need a worker to fill the empty seat. I left the company and convinced it's not a good fit. The HR lady called me for another interview a few weeks later, and I declined it.