Informatica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.2

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process was quick. I had an initial screening with Hiring Manager about my past experiences and some scenario-based questions. The following day he forwarded my profile to his team mates, where I had back-to-back three telephonic interviews with mostly scenario-based and some direct questions on Unix, SQL and DBs. After these interviews, I was called by the recruiter for onsite interviews where I had different levels of interviews with 6 to 7 people. The interviewers ranged from Senior Engineers, Team Leads to Managers. The entire team was very friendly, welcoming and took good care of me.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were based on OS and Databases. The questions ranged from Unix shell scripting to SQL and other languages. Mostly various problematic scenarios were given and we should explain how to solve them. Also, write some scripts in order to get the statistics of the processes that are running for too long and how do you identify the problem and resolve it.   Answer Question

Pre Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Resume review, HR Pre Chat Filter, Hiring Manager. They then called around to people I knew inside the company and at my existing company. I have never seen such unprofessional people in the good-ol-boys club before. There are MANY recruiters and positions at this company and NO one is coordinated with each other - very odd engagement process. If you talk to the wrong person they cut you from the process. If they don't like something they just stop talking - yet other recruiters will continue to call about available positions. This company is one for the books and I suspect if your cut throat this will be a place for you.

Interview Questions

• What is MDM, ETL and how are you with abrupt directional changes.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a university recruiter via email and scheduled a time for a first technical interview. I got an email for a second technical interview as well as a behavioral interview with a hiring manager. All interviews were conducted via phone and with a shared Google Doc. You code in the Google Doc and the interviewer is watching you write.

Interview Questions

• An anagram of a phrase is another phrase that shares exactly the same letters, rearranged in a different order. Only the character count of letters (a-z) is considered. Write a method that takes two strings and checks to see if the strings contain phrases that are anagrams.   Answer Question
    • Given the string below, find the first non-repeating character   Answer Question
    • How would we find the first most occurring character?   Answer Question
    • Prior to this, we had code that was nearly identical in every way. How would you go through an optimize the code?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very organized and was impressive. The interaction with the hiring manager was disorganized and they referred to others in the company for guidance. The times and dates were changed several times.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about what skills and experience to determine skill-set. As the interviews progressed more questions involved process and procedure questions. I was very concerned about the manager and other co-workers.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three separate phone interviews—one with a recruiter, one with the department manager, and one with the hiring manager. After the last interview, I had to complete a writing test.

The writing test consisted of three sections. The first two tested punctuation, grammar, and clarity. The final section was an essay. Give Joseph William's Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace a read, and you'll do just fine.

Four days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in technical communication? How would you go about learning an unfamiliar program?   Answer Question

Professional Services Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Many sessions.. decent questions on experience and knowledge of space/ecosystem. How much background do you have working in engineering/sales. What would you want differently in this role? What in your last job do you think would be relevant here?

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you had a deadline but did not have enough information...what did you do? Where do you feel your skills are best suited?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Few rounds.. they paid fairly .

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The first step was a phone call with HR to cover basic information.

Second, there was a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked a series of technical questions relating to data, systems, level of exposure, etc. Nothing too difficult for someone who has a basic understanding of the industry.

Next was an in-person interview with the hiring manager where you will be asked to perform a presentation (you decide) to see if you've got the soft skills that are necessary in a Sales Engineering role.

After the in-person interview, an offer was extended within the same week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

The interview process was unlike any other I've had, and it was great. I interviewed several times with quite a few people and each conversation was engaging and insightful. It was a longer process than most but I can see why. They want to make sure you are a good fit and are more interested in your career path and reasons for pursuing the specific opportunity than trying to trip you up with irrelevant questions. Questions are designed to see how you would approach a situation or how you've approached in the past. I appreciated that they kept me in the loop throughout my rounds of interviews and saw what was to become a great match!

Interview Questions

• Situation questions: how you have handled something in the past and how you might handle it now.   1 Answer

Informatica Response

Mar 3, 2015 – VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback and welcome aboard. Pleased to see the process was positive. The Candidate Experience is very important to us. Also I'm glad you see the behavioral interview questions ... More

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

3 phone interviews which went well followed by 4 rounds of 1:1 interview onsite. They have a good engineering team as well as hospitable HRs. Their responses were prompt and overall I was very pleased with Informatica. The process took 4+ weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were around multi threading, little bit around machine learning   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very much like any other software company. Had 2 phone interviews, both of the interviewers provided me with the flexibility of choosing the programming language of my choice. They asked me to walk through the code once I was done coding.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given 2 root nodes, find if binary trees are same or not.
      2. Find if one tree is symmetric to the other.
      3. Find if 2 strings are anagrams of each other- do it in 3 different ways
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation