Informatica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

3.2

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

After quick phone interview with internal recruiter, had an in-person interview with 3 managers. From there I met with the 2 team leaders who gave me the run down on "life as a BDM".

Then I went back to de-brief with the Director.

I like multi-person interviews vs one-on-ones anyway.

Interview Questions

• Are you an entrepreneur or have you started your own business?   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It was lengthy and a bit arduous. There were several initial phone interviews with a couple different managers as well as their director. Once you've gone through a series of these interviews, you get the opportunity to have a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. Due to the nature of their schedule, it can take a couple weeks before you hear back.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your accounts?
      How do you differentiate yourself from your peers?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Informatica in September 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview in September from a HR. Only resume related questions were asked and no technical questions. It lasted about half an hour. I was told they would consider me and get back to me in a week. Then I received a rejection email in a week.

Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later had a great connection with the recruiter. A few days after talking to the recruiter had a good call with the hiring manager. Then things went dark, I would reach out every 2 weeks for about 3 months asking where we were. The recruiter would take days to let me know I am still in consideration. After two months of that, I accepted an offer else where. Eventually after starting the process 3 months prior (and another job), I got a voice message saying they went with someone else.

Not sure why they dragged out the process. If I was in consideration, lets get to the next step. If not, let me know asap. Fortunately for me I had options.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

phone . then skype, one on one, in person , on site . its was a long process . one phase after the other . the team interviewed, then lead , manager , hr .

Interview Questions

• regarding informatica ,etl etc   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR lady, and a technical phone interview with a senior engineer. Then they scheduled me with a whole morning interviews with a few people in the company. They asked me bunch of technical questions on certain skills. And when I asked them if I need to use those skills in the potential job, and they said no. I don't feel the interviews were friendly and respectful. It seems they just need a worker to fill the empty seat. I left the company and convinced it's not a good fit. The HR lady called me for another interview a few weeks later, and I declined it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

I applied on the college job fair. Then I received an email to schedule my first interview. There are two rounds interviews and each is an hour long. After the interview, you will receive an email from them in a week about the result for proceeding to a further step or no chance to go further.

Interview Questions

• Basic implementations of algorithms and data structures.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

2 rounds of in-house interviews. Met with a total of 5 individuals from senior management level (30 min each). Interviewers asked fairly straight forward questions such as tell me about yourself however expecting you to support your responses with examples from your previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about any challenge in your previous job and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through email to set up a 15 minute phone interview. She took note of what skills I was comfortable with and asked compensation expectations. After that I had a 30 minute phone interview which was mostly about my work experience. Then I was invited for an onsite interview that was 5 rounds, 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to skills listed on my resume. I was asked questions on subjects such as OOP concepts, time complexity, mysql join query given two simple tables, and a question on java collections framework using iterator method. There were some behavioral questions like tell me how you handled a difficult situation working in a team? and why technical support engineer position?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process was quick. I had an initial screening with Hiring Manager about my past experiences and some scenario-based questions. The following day he forwarded my profile to his team mates, where I had back-to-back three telephonic interviews with mostly scenario-based and some direct questions on Unix, SQL and DBs. After these interviews, I was called by the recruiter for onsite interviews where I had different levels of interviews with 6 to 7 people. The interviewers ranged from Senior Engineers, Team Leads to Managers. The entire team was very friendly, welcoming and took good care of me.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were based on OS and Databases. The questions ranged from Unix shell scripting to SQL and other languages. Mostly various problematic scenarios were given and we should explain how to solve them. Also, write some scripts in order to get the statistics of the processes that are running for too long and how do you identify the problem and resolve it.   Answer Question