Informatica Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Informatica Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Informatica

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Most of the interview questions are related to algorithm, problem solving and critical thinking. Interviewers are very friendly and do make one feel comfortable. They focus less on coding and more on general design skills.

Interview Questions

• Questions shape up based on the experience and resume, so it is difficult to identify patterns.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The process is smooth and very good questions were asked.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica in May 2012.

Interview

Had posted resume on Dice, Monster. Recruiter contacted me, verified basic information, how soon I was looking to move, etc and then setup a phone interview. In the phone interview, the hiring manager asked me to describe my background, He described the position, team, company, job responsibilities and asked if I am interested in going further. There were no technical questions. The on-site interview was with 6 poeple, with 45 mins with each person. The questions were around "interview algorithms", databases, object oriented concepts, design questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a full day of discussion started at 11:00AM. Started with filling a Candidate Information Form where you need specify the job history, skill set, current CTC, Expected CTC etc. Had around 4 rounds of technical discussion till evening. Lunch was also provided in between. Most of the discussion were most based on Core Java, Data Structures, Algorithms, design problems in distributed computing etc. Following to that, again called for a Director level discussion and HR discussion some days later to that. The director level discussion was all of a casual discussion on the job profile and understanding on the interest levels etc. The HR discussion was again a casual discussion on reason for change, assessment on the previous discussions, justification on the compensation, why Informatica etc. Further to that, told for sharing the latest 3 months payslip and hike letter for compensation evaluation and told like might need to come on another day for a 15 minutes discussion again on salary communication.
    The pathetic part started then. They prolonged it for a period of more than a week where I was holding back on other interview invites, accepting of other offers etc to hear from them. I indicated and followed up with them also several times to update on the status as early as possible. However, after repeated request, a mail came that I am not shortlisted for further discussion which really perplexed me. I even asked for a reason on what was the pro-longed delay as well as the reason for not going further. Nothing heard from them so far which I felt really unprofessional.

The most annoying things was they were not telling a clear date on when they will inform me on the final status and after long wait came back with a negative response. Hence, no more considering Informatica from my end also for a job position.

Interview Questions

• Pre-order traversal of a tree, volatile keyword and happen-before relationship, TreeMap implementation, smallest non-repeating sub-array.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional HR. Incompetent panels. A recruiter from Informatica called me ans setup a telephonic round where the the interviewer asked me two problem questions. After about 2 weeks, I got a call again, this time setting up a face to face discussion. It was on a weekday and I reached there a few minutes before scheduled time as requested. However, the HR personnel himself arrived office one hour late. The first round was fairly standard with a DS problem and a design problem. The 2nd interviewer had no clue about how to conduct an interview. He opened his laptop ans searched for questions and then gave me a few DS/Algo coding questions. He had trouble understanding the code as I didn't use the popular algo, I had to do a few dry run to convince him. After this round, I was asked to have lunch in cafeteria (nobody accompanied) and then wait at the reception. I waited about an hour after which I got a phone call from the last round interviewer to go back to the same room. The interview of the third round was not prepared as well. He gave me a couple of DS problems that I solved, then suddenly started talking about loading dll and related problems in hypothetical scenario which don't exist in real system and never will not to mention it was completely irrelevant for a Java based interview. After this, again I was asked to wait at the reception. I waited another hour and then called the HR personnel. He came after a few minutes and said the panels would need to consult with the hiring manager and that he'd get back to me after a day. After 6 days, I asked for the status in the mail and got a reply they are not proceeding with my candidature. Informatica need to train their HR personnel about professionalism as well as some training for their panel.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle loading two versions of the same dependency being referred from the same project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2019.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. I was called for face to face interview in Bangalore office. There were 3 rounds of technical interview and a HR round.

The technical round is more on your projects, also, system design. It should be easy to crack if you are hands on.

I thought it went well and waiting for the offer. Waited for 3 weeks and no communication. Got to know my candidature is on hold after multiple attempts to reach HR. I was surprised to hear this. HR boasted allot that they share feedback as we deserve, which they failed to do in reality. Overall not happy with the outcome.

Interview Questions

• problems on trees. dynamic programming. system design and puzzles   Answer Question

Informatica Response

Apr 11, 2019 – Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. I’m sorry to hear about your experience with our recruiter. During my time as the VP of Talent Acquisition, I have worked hard... More