Informatica Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I filled out application. The internal recruiter called me for 1/2 interview. From there, I had a 3/4hr interview with hiring UX Director. From there, I was brought in to meet the team and to take a whiteboard design project test. After, the day was complete, I heard back from they within a week via a phone call and email.

Interview Questions

• Have a worked on Enterprise applications?   1 Answer

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Interview

The interview went well. had to conduct to phone interviews and via Skype. At the time management was very professional. However, since then the new IT management has caused much friction among peers.

Interview Questions

• What type of security programming languages do you prefer to use?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

It consists of five rounds of interview. It would mostly be on the product knowledge with a few simple SQL query knowledge being tested. A few questions were asked on the previous work experience.Its easier if you are already aware of their products. Currently they are moving organisation wide to cloud platform. Its good to have knowledge about cloud platform.

Interview Questions

• Find the manager to a employee in a table with manager and employee data.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer a package do not have any negotiation on it.

Senior Level Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I knew someone in the group so there was no application process. After a phone interview with the hiriing manager I was invited for a full day on site with senior leaders in each org. Interviews were fairly standard with some scenario based questions as one would expect.

One offputting part of the interview setup process was the lack of communication between the recruiter, coordinator and back to me. The date of the interviews was up in the air from the recruiter. By the time I heard from the coordinator for the first time, the interviews were already completely scheduled and I had to clear an entire day of meetings in short order not to mention that the coordinator wasn't exactly apologetic by email or in person.

The recruiter I was working with seemed stretched really thin between different groups and roles and honestly didn't seem to know the role as thoroughly as he/she should have, and was unable to answer many questions.

During the negotiation process the recruiter couldn't answer questions about bonus potential and equity participation (eg did not know what strike price meant, could not explain the vesting) and didn't seem all that interested in finding out the answers after several times asking. Ultimately this and asking for my W-2s soured me on the offer, even though the hiring manager and execs were fantastic. I didn't provide that information but was really not happy at being asked and then being told that "we don't make big salary jumps just because someone is making a high salary externally" and I was also told "no one else has asked these questions" related to equity.

Every company should realize that attitude is part of your company brand, even during interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach X - tell me step by step what you would do when you come into this role. (Pretty standard stuff)   Answer Question

Informatica Response

Apr 7, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We are sorry you had a bad experience interviewing with us. Obviously, this is not what we intended and regret the inconvenience and distress to you. Please accept our best wishes for your future... More

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Started at the end of last year. An easy OA came first, and then a skype interview about some basic algorithm questions. Went for onsite last week. 3 technical interviews are all about designing. HR, manager and lunch interviews are very nice.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Phone interview to onsite. Meet with several team members. Excellent HR, kept me up to date on everything. After interview, even though I messed up a question with one person they said they liked me but was going to wait a few more weeks. I knew that was a bad sign. They went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about NPV and forecasting growth %. Y1 100mill, Y2 200mill, Y3 300mill, what equation do you use to find growth? (i panicked)

standard interview questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process is pretty relaxed and enjoyable. Usually, you'll be presented with a online test followed by a phone screening interview. This interview should be a blend of questions on your resume, few knowledge based questions and coding questions. The interviewer would be more interested in your problem solving approach so try to vocalize the approach before starting to code. If, this goes fine. they'll fly you to Redwood City for a on-site almost a day-long interview. I had series of 5 interviewers interviewing me each with different domain of questions.

Expect questions on basic data structures, algorithms, design questions and that should be all mostly.

Interview Questions

• Design the data structure for a calculator   1 Answer

Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later had a great connection with the recruiter. A few days after talking to the recruiter had a good call with the hiring manager. Then things went dark, I would reach out every 2 weeks for about 3 months asking where we were. The recruiter would take days to let me know I am still in consideration. After two months of that, I accepted an offer else where. Eventually after starting the process 3 months prior (and another job), I got a voice message saying they went with someone else.

Not sure why they dragged out the process. If I was in consideration, lets get to the next step. If not, let me know asap. Fortunately for me I had options.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR lady, and a technical phone interview with a senior engineer. Then they scheduled me with a whole morning interviews with a few people in the company. They asked me bunch of technical questions on certain skills. And when I asked them if I need to use those skills in the potential job, and they said no. I don't feel the interviews were friendly and respectful. It seems they just need a worker to fill the empty seat. I left the company and convinced it's not a good fit. The HR lady called me for another interview a few weeks later, and I declined it.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through email to set up a 15 minute phone interview. She took note of what skills I was comfortable with and asked compensation expectations. After that I had a 30 minute phone interview which was mostly about my work experience. Then I was invited for an onsite interview that was 5 rounds, 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to skills listed on my resume. I was asked questions on subjects such as OOP concepts, time complexity, mysql join query given two simple tables, and a question on java collections framework using iterator method. There were some behavioral questions like tell me how you handled a difficult situation working in a team? and why technical support engineer position?   Answer Question