Informatica Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Informatica Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2016

4.5

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Basics of data integration.What Informatica products you have worked on?
It's mostly basics around consulting.So if you are confident with data integration using informatica products you can get the job. If you are new hire as from grad school there is analyst program . In this program bootcamp around informatica products are done to the analyst.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Two levels of interview .Technical and HR.
    decent technical questions.
    Explain previous projects
    Explain previous experience
    Consulting experience
    Solution architect previous project questions
    Product technical questions from previous projects
    basic SQL questions
    direct HR question typical ones

Two levels of interview .Technical and HR.
    decent technical questions.
    Product technical questions from previous projects
    basic SQL questions
    direct HR question typical ones

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Informatica (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

The entire interview process started in first week of May with the HR contacting me directly. I don't remember where/how i applied but i believe i found an opening on indeed and applied directly with the company.

First, here is a little background about myself. I have about 7 years of total experience in DW/BI and most of it has been on Informatica Power Center client.

After the initial background discussion with the HR, she said i will have 2 technical interviews. The interviews were scheduled and re-scheduled multiple times. I understand that most of the folks who conduct interviews are busy with their assignments, but so am i or any other candidate so i was a little disappointed with so many re-scheduled interviews.

Anyways, the first 2 were pure technical interviews. You can't pretend to know something or prepare for the interviews. Unless you have hands on experience you can't answer. Few of the questions are as below

1) Informatica 7x, 8x, 9x architecture, (need to explain about SOA etc)
    2) Can you install multiple instances of powercenter on same host? if you can, then how will you invoke different instances from a client since you provide same host name? configuring different ports is not the right answer.
    3) Can you invoke a mapplet variable from a worklet? and vice-versa? Can you use a mapping variable inside a mapplet? and all such combinations!
    4) different types of partitions. In depth usage of each partitions and different scenarios(need to provide examples where you have used them in your project, not just the concepts)
    5) dynamic cache, and dynamic partitioning questions
    6) Configuring grid on informatica server, configuring domains, pmrep command usage etc.

I am not gonna get into more details, basically they are gonna ask everything and anything! These guys know the product in and out, so be prepared for anything! They were very keen on my knowledge of Powerconnect for Tibco/SAP etc but i had never used them in a project even though i had working knowledge.

They absolutely didn't care about my knowledge in UNIX, shell/perl scripting, DW/BI knowledge, Meta data management or data modeling. All they were interested was Informatica products experience.

Anyways, I did clear both the technical interviews. I had 3 other interviews with 2 VP's and a Regional Manager. Again, all these interviews were re-scheduled multiple times dragging the whole interview process to over 3 months. The VP's and regional managers were more interested in my consulting background and softskills and just a high level understanding of my informatica knowledge.

I did clear all the interviews. The final interview was with a VP face to face in their NY office.

Interview Questions

• Can you install 2 instances of Informatica on the same server? if you do, how do you invoke the 2 instances from the same client?   Answer Question

After almost 3 months since the process started i finally received an offer. The offer was substantially lesser than what i was expecting ( the base component) . In the meanwhile i got better offer with one of the top consulting firms. I was definitely inclined to join informatica, but they was not much room for negotiation. They were willing to bump up 2.5k above their previous offer, which was still substantially lesser than the other offer i had in hand.

The other offer i had required no travelling and better pay, more personal time in my life! With informatica professional services, you would travel ALOT! and i expect them to pay for that inconvenience.

Regarding all the other people talking great things about Informatica benefits, they have either never worked for a big company or this is their first job! The other offer i got has better benefits than Informatica in every single category Healthcare/Vacation days/401k/bonus. Informatica offerred me NO bonus? really? for a high growth company, no bonus? common!!

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Mostly revolved around implementation approach