Informatica Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Informatica Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

The interview process is a fast one, but fairly hard. Informatica reviews the candidates personality, sales methodology, and energy. Normally it is a three step process where you meet with the team, do a role play, and then meet with the director. it is very well organized, and not a tough process in the sense that the interview panel tries to stump you. The interview panel wants to simply understand what the candidate knows, and their selling technique.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy.. Fast.. and Efficient.. When I started my computer was ready to go.

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Interview

Application online. Very generic. A bit outdated. was very dissatisfied with the hiring process. I was over qualified for a position as this. I did the similar job for a larger company for years. I was promoted to a higher position. I was willing to take a pay cut and work here because it seemed like a great company and closer to home. I was told there were other candidates better qualified? I'm a top performer at my current company and if I wasn't qualified for this role I am skeptical at whom would be. Maybe they are looking for candidates who are more mediocre

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a third party screener that asked questions regarding what sales idealogy I use today, previous career information and why Informatica. Afterwards, she told me I would move to the next stage and hear from a corporate recruiter.

The recruiter was extremely nice and we dived a bit deeper in my background, career path, what I knew about the company and what I should expect throughout the process and salary expectations. She told me I would be hearing from the hiring manager. Due to current business trips with my company at the time, Informatica was very accomodating to my busy schedule and moving things around.

Hiring manager phone call was very easy and laid back. This was just getting a better idea of who I was and finding out more about who my manager was. It was done so on a personal level without getting personal if that makes sense. I would move onto the panel interview with each sales manager and the sales director.

Panel interviews were 1x1, not panel. Lasted about 20 minutes per manager. So be sure to have a lot of questions you can spread out amongst each interview. You have to remember you're interviewing the company as much as they're interviewing you. I felt some of the questions could've been more challenging. I got quite a few of the old typical interview questions that are tiresome. (what are your weaknesses, etc...) My hiring manager told me I would move to the final stage, Role Play Call.

Role Play Call. I was told it wasn't designed to fail me or trick me. I agree. They did not expect you to know anything about their product and that's ok. It was designed to understand how you dive into a call with a customer. What questions do you ask to discover the basis of the pain point to enable you to upsell in most cases. How you determine who is who within the company, are they budgeted and processes.

Interview Questions

• After the role play I was asked if I had any questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was made aware of the salary expectations at the beginning of the process and was asked if that was acceptable.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Informatica (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Great! Very friendly, courteous, and professional. One of the primary reasons I chosed Informatica over other offers.

Interview Questions

• None. Questions were all professional and business related. None of the ridiculous questions asked by other companies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Reston, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

13 interviews back when I did it. Insanely thorough. There were a few phone screens with hiring managers, senior field managers, HR, recruiter and finally after the in-person interviews and personality profiling, we did a role play.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate due to the surprisingly good offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Dallas, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Initial interview call by recruiter went from casual to unprofessional and passive aggressive. The recruiter from New York began the interview with very little preparation and gave no indication of the interview process. Later, the recruiter used passive aggressive statements and false labels to belittle my past jobs and salary expectations. I kept it together and smiled throughout the call. Overall, very poor experience. The worst phone interview I have ever had. Informatica is not the place I would want to work.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. The recruiter asked if I could start within 2 weeks. And then asked If I could start in a week. It was obvious the recruiter was just interested in toying with me since I never heard from him again. Afterwards emails were not replied to.   Answer Question

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Informatica (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2014.

Interview

Very relevant questions asked at 2nd interview stage (group interviews. . Painless and professional approach. Never once was did the interviewer ask a trick or stupid question. Didn't quiz me on my knowledge aboutInformatica or the solutions. All the interviewer will be interested in is your sales ability and personality. Informatica want sales people not process driven employees .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of your failed deals and why you didn't close?   Answer Question

Senior Inside-Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (London, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

The hiring was done by the reporting manager but the process can get a little slow so if you know you are the right candidate just wait till you get the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Just general interview questions.nothing impossible to answer or be less prepared for. All expected questions only.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will give a good package if the candidate is the right fit.if you are experienced and you know where Infa is placed in the market then please negotiate. There is shortage of this tools skills everywhere.