Infosys Interview Questions in Fremont, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lead Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Took over 6-months. This timing has improved since I was hired, but expect at least 3 months.

Interview Questions

• 1st question - what questions do you have about Infosys. This was 1st item out of person I was interviewing with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

. Negotiate vacation - regardless of the number of years experience you will be offered only 2 weeks vacation / year.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

multi phases interview, focussed primarily on the technical side of it. 2 technical and an HR rounds. Not so complicated. Friendly interviewer. Salary and benefit discussions were not so charming but overall good experience as far as interviews go.

Senior ITSM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

It was Weird. Applied through a Staffing Agency and God my Interview Scheduled. Updated my Info on their Database, got an email confirmation for the Interview. Drove from Sacramento to Fremont, 15-20 mts before the Interview received a call saying my Interview is re-scheduled to Next Week, when I told them I was at the Parking Lot asked me to come inside and waited in a Meeting room where the Slides were showing "How Great We are" presentation. Later called in for an Interview, it was more like a general discussion and told me there will be another Interview from a Senior Member but its 3 Weeks Now..No response.....

Interview Questions

• General discussion about my Experience since I was doing Consulting most of my Career?   1 Answer

I Have No Clue About the Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I got the interview from a placement company and she wasn't sure about the position. I went in for a face to face scheduled interview on a Saturday morning. There were many people interviewing and I was asked to wait and later lead to an office room. From there was called upon by the interviewer by himself. Two people asked questions which they had expertise and didn't have a clue about my skillsets mentioned in the resume or gave some time for me to explain about my work history.

Two offsite genious assumed persons interviewing without any interests was really very unprofessional. Please don't waste your time.

Do you have development experience? See you can get that from resume.
    Did you use classes? Do you know ther is class called Error? Excuse me...
    Explain the steps involed in JDBC? Types of JDBC drivers?
    Why should one use Stored Procedure instead of SQL?

It was all vague and basic questions. Even while staring the process I know that it's gonna be a waste of time.

At the end of the interview...one interviewer expert told the other expert that ..."I am done with her!". I was about to ask him - "What do you mean?" But couldn't take it anymore. Just told them "THANK YOU!"

Java Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I received the opportunity through a staffing agency, they referred me to InfoSys. It took 1 week to get the interview scheduled. Interview was like a Job Fair, many candidates were called on the same day and time.
    After waiting for 2 hours the first interviewer became available. One person was on the phone from India,
    with him, he asked general questions why InfoSys, what kind of role you are looking for , why you want to leave your current role / domain to start new position. Second round of interview was more technical, like
    coding on white board, asking Java Related question.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

They did not give enough chance to speak on the topics known. A bunch of offshore guys on recent trip to onsite talking interviews.
    Agreed everyone is not perfect in everything still !

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Asked several puzzle type of questions where I was given ample time to write down key aspects of questions and answer. Discussed answers and how the answers were derived. Additional interviews were held on the same day where some technical and situational questions were asked. Then, there was an HR interview and everything took around 4 hours of time

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Except for Hr which was very professional, the rest of the bunch were very unprofessional !! Also if you want to work here, please plan on working around the clock. That is work 8-5 here and work daily with off shore starting may be 9:00 PM till ......., every day. Because, my offer to work only a day or two in the evenings with off shore, was not okay with the company.

Interview Questions

I was not willing to write off all my evenings too for the company.

Lead Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Hiring process is quite long and face to face interviews are mandatory in this company.
    On an average it takes around two months for hiring in USA in normal circumstances.
    They have preferred vendors who will actually approach the candidates for initial short listing and after that infosys HR team will enter into picture. They don't negotiate on salary until you clear the techinical interviews, HR round will be mostly for negotiations and they won't allow to do much of negotiation on salary as they already have some processes using which they conclude your salary based on your education and experience. They will mostly stick to a range for every level and they will stick to that range. But before they start negotiations, all condidates must clear a BG check , only after clearance of BG check you will get communication from HR. BG is done by third party in USA. Once negotiations are done and post acceptance of the offer letter, they will initiate visa transfer if H1B. They usually give enough time for joining and mostly they are flexible with the joining dates.
    One point for negotiations is make sure you know what is your variable pay because they will try to put as mush as possible as in bonus which is some times the only hike they are giving compared to your present salary, this will some times end up with no increase in your fixed pay.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions depend on your role, experience etc.,
      I did not come across any surprises.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

It's one of the worst interview experience,

1) They called me to Fremont office on week end, we were around 4 guys waiting for the interview around 2+ hours, No Response from any body. everybody scold as much as possible :-) and vanished

2) After 2 weeks, they requested to come again on week days, there was immediate telephonic interview from India - typical stereo type technical question.

After 2 hours they said hr will come discuss about the offer letter and package. then HR came and took my all papers, after 30 minutes, HR said "We are ready to give offer letter now, but your name is already registered in other domain"

WTF