Infosys Principal Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Infosys Principal Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

After phone interview with the recruiter, I went for in person interview. There was only few questions about personality and knoledge, most of the question was for commands on cisco, so you just need to memorize the commands without cisco helper to pass!! and to insist that your answer is correct if you are sure as I answered questions correctly but the guy said that it is not, please check bellow question.

Interview Questions

• On which layer Cisco ASA operates   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Infosys (Mason, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Remote video conference interview was scheduled, Interview panelists did not show up... Waited for 40 minutes, got phone call panelists are busy..it will be rescheduled... never happened..tried contacting HR-interview coordinator..no response for a week..finally got email thanking me for speaking to them..They do not want to proceed further...I guess Imaginary Interview was held..What a joke!! I dont't think Infosys has any process in place..everything very Chaotic..

Interview Questions

• Remote video conference interview was scheduled, Interview panelists did not show up... Waited for 40 minutes   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infosys (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The HR person was very professional to setting up all interviews. All a done through phone and one was via online conference which provided the opportunity for persons to see each other. There are about 5-6 different people I have talked to, who were all solid professionals. Most questions were about past experience and how those could be leverage for the position interviewed. One thing though is that the process can talk longer as they now have a policy that they can't hire someone without a client engagement slot.

Interview Questions

Interview

Multiple phone interviews , in-person and then cross-vertical interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Principal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Infosys in November 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an Infosys HR rep who found my resume on dice.com and inquired about my availability for a position her company was trying to fill in Phoenix. I informed her that I was indeed available and she proceeded to set up a phone screen. Subsequently, I spoke with 2 IT managers from HQ in Bangalore and had a 40 minute conversation in which I discussed my technical background and responded to their questions. I then proceeded to the next level of HR processing which consisted of another phone screen with a different IT manager from HQ which went well.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about Data Guard and RAC that was confusing and I never understood what they were asking.   Answer Question

Lead Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Took over 6-months. This timing has improved since I was hired, but expect at least 3 months.

Interview Questions

• 1st question - what questions do you have about Infosys. This was 1st item out of person I was interviewing with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

. Negotiate vacation - regardless of the number of years experience you will be offered only 2 weeks vacation / year.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Infosys in June 2012.

Interview

Protracted , confused , little face to face , never met with hiring partner prior to offer,

Interview Questions

• Asked to created a PPT based on a case study and to present to a Partner . I was provided a case study not in my are of expertise and presented to a partner in the middle of one of the most busy Starbucks in Chicago. The Partner had no knowledge of the industry I was told to present   Answer Question

Negotiation

Crazy, disjointed was made more tolerable because of the external recruiter

Principal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Infosys in June 2012.

Interview

It was a 4 step process. Talked to HR first, followed by a tech interview over phone, then spoke to hiring manager and then an in-person meeting with a leader and HR.

Interview Questions

• Situational interview: Discuss an event where you had to make a critical decision and what was the result of that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Infosys (Irvine, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process is a phone interview, possibly multiple or a panel. The panelist are people in a similar position or a level or two Senior to the position you are applying. You will not necessary interview with someone you will work with or work for.
    The interview itself is generally technical in nature (assuming you are applying for a technical position).
    The Pro AND Con is that a lot of your interview is weighed on the opinion of someone who may not be the best interviewer... it is somewhat subjective.

Interview Questions

• If applying for a technical position, be ready to prove your technical knowledge and back it with experience.
      Questions include experience in the role you are applying, specific clients, technologies, and events.
      Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Infosys in February 2011.

Interview

6 months long... There were 5 telephone interviews which included 3 types; technical, management & general HR. After completing those 5, I had one in-person interview where the interviewer was flown to my location. The interviews were generally 1 hour each though a couple slid into the two-hour category. The final step was a background check which was botched by the contracting firm.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was one about a particular technical issue with the platform I was to work with. I was asked how I would create a dynamic looping mechanism within the tool under a scenario where the system would spawn X sub-processes across business units based on process-level meta data. I was able to answer how it can be done on another platform, but informed them the platform we were discussing did not have the feature. As such, I stated they would have to custom code an external service to generate the sub-processes.

Many follow-up questions were posed which made it obvious I was being asked to consult on the interviewer's current project problem.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were early in the process where you were asked for a range. They came back with the offer at the bottom of the range and refused to budge on the number at the conclusion of the interview process.