Infosys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017
4,904 Interview Reviews

2.6

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

I'm a senior developer and have been working as a developer for a long time. Infosys found my resume on the internet and contacted me for a position that I'm over-qualified for. I was scheduled for a video interview, which I believe went very well because I was able to answer all the questions correctly.

On the next day I check my application status and noticed that it shows "withdraw", "not considered" and no response from the HR person.

One thing I notice is that you shouldn't elaborate on the answer to the questions because they don't understand English. They would always look for some keywords they saw on books, for example: "What is dependency injection?", if you answer only those 2 words "loosely couple", they would accept that as an answer because the key phrase "loosely couple" is on the definition that you would see on many resources on the internet and in books. But if you're elaborating on the answer, they will not consider that as an answer if you don't use those 2 keywords.

Another example "what is the benefit of using MVC over Web Form". They expect the key phrase "separation of concern". If you keep elaborating by telling them all the related code are in a separate folder, such as View is in View folder... and so on, they will not consider that as an answer.

I spent about 5 minutes elaborating on Object Oriented Programming to cover mostly everything including Encapsulation, Inheritance and Polymorphism. Right after I finished, they asked me what are function overload and function override, which I already answered before they even asked that.

My advice for you is to use as fewer words as possible with the keywords that you would find on the web. Don't elaborate on the answers like you would do on any interview with English speakers.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

Campus selection. very easy process. 1st aptitude test, result was announced in 2-3 hours. Followed by a F2F interview. An HR took my interview. So obviously no technical questions were asked. all questions were related to extra curricular activities performed in college.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infosys (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I am a college student in Rhode Island studying Computer Science and am graduating in May 2017. I applied for the position of Associate Software Engineer in Early April. Approximately 2 days later, a recruiter contacted me via email to set up a brief pre-interview screening. It was a 5 minute call just to set up my webcam interview. The webcam interview was a week later and lasted ~45 minutes. It consisted of 2 engineers drilling, and i mean DRILLING you with technical questions about your resume. This is one reason why you should never lie on your resume, cause they ask you about everything. They were very interested in asking about OOP, Python, Java, and SQL.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

Very straight forward, half behavioral questions half cases. I had 2 rounds and then a meeting to discuss the terms. They had a couple of novel cases like figuring out how many ping pong balls would fill a plane and then worked up to more thorough analysis and tech solution cases. I applied online through my university and was invited to interview.

Interview Questions

• They described a case where a waste management company was trying to cut operational costs while making scaled growth via customer acquisition and asked for recommendations.   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Infosys in April 2017.

Interview

Had an web interview with 2 people on Saturday morning.I was waiting for the panel to arrive after 10 mins one interviewer joins the call while he was driving. car music playing in the background and kids talking continuously.He could not join video since he was driving so the interview now becomes phone interview with just one guy showing up. Asked me some OOPS questions.
    Please respect our time.If you don't have panel or time to conduct the interview we would gladly prefer rescheduling. I would rethink my position on Infosys before interviewing

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Infosys (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Asked quite a few questions that I was not expecting, mostly stuff that is not related but can correlate back. Just be prepared for everything they might throw at you. From networking to pentesting roles.

Interview Questions

• Networking related questions for s system engineer position   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

very good. Since they were hiring freshers did not expect much/ They asked basic questions about the course work. There was a written test with puzzles.After i was selected for the written test. There was an intervew which included HR round.

Allied Health Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Infosys (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview with HR and department head. One round of interview and the outcome was made known to me the next day. General questions, not much with technical stuff. Manageable interview.

Hadoop Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

Recruiter called for Hadoop interview and interview was set up 2 days back. Interview was tough with video call. Overall process was smooth but communication was not proper.

Lead Analyst -- Data Science Interview

Interview

Only way to apply for this position is through Experteer.com. Registration requires that you supply age and current salary information -- both irrelevant for this position. (A new university graduate, with limited professional experience, who has the talent and skills to do the work should be paid as much as someone more senior, who demonstrates no greater capability. Similarly, an octogenarian who demonstrates the skills should be paid no less.) I signaled my unwillingness to provide this information by indicating an age of 117, and was informed that 'this position is no longer available.' However, when I went to the company's web site, the job was still listed. Smells like age discrimination, inadvertently discovered as an applicant who simply didn't want to supply irrelevant information.

Interview Questions

• What is your birth date?

What is your current salary   1 Answer