Infosys Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lead Consultant - Autosys Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infosys (Newark, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They aren't allowed to directly speak to US candidates so they use 3rd party companies to reach candidates. I answered a random recruiting email from one of these 3rd party groups. After 3 months I got a reply for this position after inquiring. I did a phone screening with the 3rd party group (Pyramid was the 3rd party), then a week later I got an email from them asking me to log onto a website to fill out an application and to provide my credentials (user/password) to the recruiter so they can perform steps afterwards. Then there was a 2 week period before I was contacted again by the 3rd party and by Infosys to schedule a video interview. The video interview was 30-45 minutes (introductory meet and greet). The next video interview was with the client 1 week later and was 30-45 minutes (technical interview only). I started working there a month later.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions regarding how Autosys works, where log paths are, installation directories, description of commands, and other knowledge for Autosys.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to prioritize the items you were working with and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Lead Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Took over 6-months. This timing has improved since I was hired, but expect at least 3 months.

Interview Questions

• 1st question - what questions do you have about Infosys. This was 1st item out of person I was interviewing with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

. Negotiate vacation - regardless of the number of years experience you will be offered only 2 weeks vacation / year.

Tech Lead At Infosys Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Infosys (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Some strange guy called and talked to me for over 1 hr! He was inventing questions and keeping quizzing me while pretending to not to listen to any reasonable questions that I asked.

I do not know if it was a game to pay me less. I didn't offer to work for less.

HR later turned out to be unprofessional at the end.

Interview Questions

• Follow on questions were invented and didn't make any sense.   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn by their HR person. I have heard all the good things about the company in India, but in US their practices and hiring process is much below par as compared to the US companies. I was made to travel for the interview and when I didn't accept the position; they stopped communicating and didn't even reimburse for my travel expenses. The hiring manager was extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Interview was very easy. The asked me some very basic questions. They really wanted me but didn't have the capacity to pay the market rate for my skills.   Answer Question

Unprofessional behavior of the HR person and below market rate salary offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

multi phases interview, focussed primarily on the technical side of it. 2 technical and an HR rounds. Not so complicated. Friendly interviewer. Salary and benefit discussions were not so charming but overall good experience as far as interviews go.

Senior ITSM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

It was Weird. Applied through a Staffing Agency and God my Interview Scheduled. Updated my Info on their Database, got an email confirmation for the Interview. Drove from Sacramento to Fremont, 15-20 mts before the Interview received a call saying my Interview is re-scheduled to Next Week, when I told them I was at the Parking Lot asked me to come inside and waited in a Meeting room where the Slides were showing "How Great We are" presentation. Later called in for an Interview, it was more like a general discussion and told me there will be another Interview from a Senior Member but its 3 Weeks Now..No response.....

Interview Questions

• General discussion about my Experience since I was doing Consulting most of my Career?   1 Answer

I Have No Clue About the Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I got the interview from a placement company and she wasn't sure about the position. I went in for a face to face scheduled interview on a Saturday morning. There were many people interviewing and I was asked to wait and later lead to an office room. From there was called upon by the interviewer by himself. Two people asked questions which they had expertise and didn't have a clue about my skillsets mentioned in the resume or gave some time for me to explain about my work history.

Two offsite genious assumed persons interviewing without any interests was really very unprofessional. Please don't waste your time.

Do you have development experience? See you can get that from resume.
    Did you use classes? Do you know ther is class called Error? Excuse me...
    Explain the steps involed in JDBC? Types of JDBC drivers?
    Why should one use Stored Procedure instead of SQL?

It was all vague and basic questions. Even while staring the process I know that it's gonna be a waste of time.

At the end of the interview...one interviewer expert told the other expert that ..."I am done with her!". I was about to ask him - "What do you mean?" But couldn't take it anymore. Just told them "THANK YOU!"

Java Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I received the opportunity through a staffing agency, they referred me to InfoSys. It took 1 week to get the interview scheduled. Interview was like a Job Fair, many candidates were called on the same day and time.
    After waiting for 2 hours the first interviewer became available. One person was on the phone from India,
    with him, he asked general questions why InfoSys, what kind of role you are looking for , why you want to leave your current role / domain to start new position. Second round of interview was more technical, like
    coding on white board, asking Java Related question.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

They did not give enough chance to speak on the topics known. A bunch of offshore guys on recent trip to onsite talking interviews.
    Agreed everyone is not perfect in everything still !

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Asked several puzzle type of questions where I was given ample time to write down key aspects of questions and answer. Discussed answers and how the answers were derived. Additional interviews were held on the same day where some technical and situational questions were asked. Then, there was an HR interview and everything took around 4 hours of time