Infosys Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.9

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Infosys (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very positive experience!! The recruiter I partnered with was very engaging and accessible (even on the weekends). There was never a moment where I wondered what the next step in the process would be or how long it would take for them to get back to me as they were very efficient.

Based on my experience and the people I met with, although I didn't accept the offer (very tough decision), I would recommend Infosys as an employer of choice and would definitely explore opportunities with them in the future.

Interview Questions

• I can not recall all of the questions but a few that come to mind are...
    - Why Infosys?
    - Tell me a bit about your background
    - Give me an examples of work you have done in the project management and consulting space?
    I was also given a case scenario focused on increasing operating margin.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infosys (New York, NY).

Interview

After submitting my profile, HR recruiter called. Then submitted my profile to the hiring manager. Once that was approved, another HR manager called for a phone interview. Then I was scheduled for a technical video interview with someone in the role I was being hired for. Then an offer was made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infosys (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

First screening interview with HR, then 2 skills interview with managers, final interview with partner. Skills interviews were very technical. Both by phone. But nothing special if you were prepared.

Interview Questions

• Project experience and a lot of questions about solution functions. Actually I've never had so detailed functional and technical verification of my skills before.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Infosys (Newark, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was not competent enough. The questions asked did not felt relevant. No explanation provided about the role or work I will be doing. The phone interview from the recruiter was more relevant and a better experience

Interview Questions

• Past work and consulting experiences   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

You have to be kidding here - the worst

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Infosys in October 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 partners at the firm. The first interview was a case and the second was all behavioral. Then they followed up with an informal phone call interview and received an offer soon thereafter. The whole process took about a month.
    The people were really nice and very helpful. I did not seems as intense as other consulting firms.
    The interviews were mostly one on one, and then phone. All of the partners and managers I spoke with on the phone were very easy to talk with and the conversations flowed naturally. It was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Who do you consider a visionary leader and why?
      Maybe not the most difficult question, but it was unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Infosys (Fremont, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

multi phases interview, focussed primarily on the technical side of it. 2 technical and an HR rounds. Not so complicated. Friendly interviewer. Salary and benefit discussions were not so charming but overall good experience as far as interviews go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys (Bridgewater, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

Group interview 2:1. Mostly asked about my QA background and how I would solve problems posed during interview. For example, there are no Business Requirements, no specs, nothing. How would you create a test plan? 2. An object has no properties, how would you verify that the object behaves as expected in an automated test? 3. asked about my thoughts on Descriptive Programming (QTP).

As you can tell from the questions posed it sounds like they are interested in your thought process and how to derive an answer. To my surprise (or maybe not surprise) Infosys personnel (or their culture) wants a definitive approach or answer. They seem to think there is one best way to solve problems. An applicant's creative approach is not desired. For example (I'm making this up), how do you get to page 100 in a 200 page book? My answer, depends on whether the book front or back is facing you. If the back is facing you, then you flip from page 200 to page 100. Their answer. No, you flip from the front to page 100. I making this up, but you get the gist. Thinking outside the box is not appreciated.

Anyway I didn't get an offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Infosys in August 2011.

Interview

Generic; questions around past experience; what motivates you. Followed the STAR framework; situation; actions and results associated with various past experiences.

Interviewer was very friendly; open and genuinely seemed interested in the situations and seemed to be trying to relate the situations to behavioral competencies

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Infosys (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

MBA Hire- mix of behavioral and case questions from real life cases.

Interview Questions

• To relate technology challenges to personal/professional experience with IT Transformations and business requirements   Answer Question

Negotiation

had to ask for sign on bonus.