Infosys Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.6

206 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

It was first an aptitude round , followed by the HR round. Both the processes were held on the same day.It was easy as no technical questions were asked.The HR round was good as we were directly communicating with the HR's of Infosys. The aptitude round was held by a third party.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe yourself as the best fit for the role?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infosys (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was good process. Questions were regarding basic data structure and algorithms.
    they related to linked list, graph theory, files, inodes, fork. They were standard questions, insert into linked list, finding peak in unsorted array (binary search). Print all combinations of a set.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Infosys in June 2015.

Interview

Cleared technical round & was told that there would be a final HR round in a day or two, but the position was cancelled by hiring committee!
    Also there was no response to follow up emails after they've asked me to fill up their experience form online, when i called them one week later to followup, then they were sorry for what had happened. Until then there was no communication about whats going on regarding hiring process.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

Applied online, first it was a phone screen interview with a tech manager who asked me some database and other courses related questions like the concept of foreign key, normalization.
    Then the second round is all about behavioral questions.
    Waited for a while and contact HR to get the offer.

Interview Questions

• How to swap value of two variable without using a third variable?
      How do you learn a new technology?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Infosys in March 2015.

Interview

One day: 45 min skype call. Two recruiters on the other side. One was a HR other a senior Technical engineer. They asked the very basic stuff about programming. Favorite programming language and Datastructures

Interview Questions

• everything about oops and Data structures. The pretty basic stuff. Nothing to difficult. Nothing out of the books.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

1. Applied online and was scheduled for a Virtual Interview through Goto Meeting.
    2. Entire process took 1month
    3. After the interview, HR round was scheduled
    4. Questions were general, totally expected ones

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Direct release of offer letter

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Infosys (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Prepare all the interview questions on Core Java (OOPS, Collections, Threads, Exception Handling
    and JDBC.) They don't ask you to write code but be good with the basics. Make sure you know the concepts you mentioned in your resume. Prepare one Database query language sql queries will do.

Interview Questions

• Class, Interface, Abstarct Class, final, Overloading, Overriding, static, String immutable, Objects, Arraylist, TreeSet, Hash Map, Iterator, Exceptions, Comparable vs Comparator, JDBC, PrepareStatement, Sql group by, having, count, aggregate operations, union, intersection, Triggers and Joins(Inner, Outer, Right Join vs Left Join).   Answer Question

Negotiation

They won't be ready to Negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Infosys (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a phone call with the recruiter out of the blue. Scheduled one interview on a Saturday which turned out to be the final one. Interviewers were pleasant and asked questions on topics which I were mentioned in my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Infosys (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

submitted resume on university carrier website. got a call for On campus interview with 3 different people about an hour. HR round over phone. after about 3-4 weeks got a call from HR saying I got a job and they they will be sending offer letter shortly.

Interview Questions

• All programming concept related questions (object oriented programming), work experience, resume based questions, situation based questions   1 Answer

Application

Interview

first round was a written test. It had logical reasoning and verbal sections. Reasoning was easy but verbal was a bit tough. Then followed HR interview in which questions about project and extra curricular activites were asked. It was easy

Interview Questions

• When I explained him about my project, he asked me about how did i get the idea for the project.   Answer Question