Ingersoll Rand Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingersoll Rand Accountant Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively fair and standard. After applying to the company, I received an email from someone in HR to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was set for 30 minutes, but we connected fairly well and talked for about 45 minutes. I was brought in for a 2 hour interview. The first hour was with members of the team, and the second hour was with the director of the respective department. From my perspective, both interviews went really well. At the end, the hiring manager informed me that the company would be in touch to inform me of their decision, either way, no later than the end of the week. The interview occurred on Tuesday. I received a follow-up phone call on Thursday stating that the decision would be made some time in the following week. The following week came, and I received another email stating that a decision would come Friday or the following Monday. Each day came and went. Today marks two weeks from the day I was told that a decision would be given either Friday or Monday, and I have received no further updates or decisions from the company. I accepted a role with another company and withdrew my name from consideration because I truly believe I would never receive any notice.

I would have had no issue with the company stating that were selecting another candidate, but to be left in limbo after several "updates" and assurances that I would be contacted with the results at various dates seems very unprofessional. I was impressed with the company and those I interviewed with, but I feel like I may have dodged a bullet. Hopefully this is was just an anomaly and not standard practice.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ingersoll Rand

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, panel interview then individual interview, it was exhausting, scary uncomfortable. The panel that interviewed me was unfriendly and seemed cold. When you pull up to the building there is a guard there, make sure your interview lets them know you are coming.

Interview Questions

• What will the most difficult thing for you to learn if you are hired?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeton, MO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Bridgeton, MO) in April 2010.

Interview

The 1st interview was a structured interview with a panel. The questions were mainly situational based. The 2nd interview was a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. The interview was not difficult at all. I received an offer about 1 week after the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work as a group to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (La Crosse, WI) in December 2008.

Interview

Long group interview

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you go the extra-mile for an employer   1 Answer
    • Who do you handle new assignments?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is some room to negotiate