Ingersoll Rand Commodity Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingersoll Rand Commodity Specialist Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Commodity Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Process took 3 months. This is typical for IR, although I wish it wasn't. Onboarding was pretty quick though. They got me in place and work commenced immediately. I was hired going into the busy contract negotiation season, so that was a factor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you convinced management to make a change   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate base salary, but rather more vacation time for first year. Ongoing salary raises are standard, so I valued time off more.

Other Interview Reviews for Ingersoll Rand

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Bloomington, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

They tell you what type of interview you will be doing. If you prepare you will be OK. They are very reponsive and want to make sure you are prepped and ready for the interview. It lasted and hour.

Commodity Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in July 2014.

Interview

I e-mailed my resume to the hiring manager from an employee referral off LinkedIn. The hiring manager called me a few weeks later and we talked for about 15 minutes. He liked me and my skills so I applied formally through their job postings site. The 2nd interview lasted about 30 minutes to go into more depth about my technical expertise. Then, I had a 3rd interview with the director the day before they officially offered the position. That was more of a formality just to clear everything up before they made a commitment. Sometimes I wasn't sure where I stood in the process, but overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Something about Excel. Not that I didn't know it, but that they were looking for specific terms and it took a few tries before I got to what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me what the budget range was and I was ok with it. They gave me the higher end of the range, so I didn't even bother negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

This was a very awesome process. The way it worked is a recruiter calls you after they receive a large number of applications and at this point if you get a call, they are somewhat interested. They give you a brief run down on the phone screen and find out about you and then comes time for the back-to-back panel interviews. Three people sit on a panel and they grill you on technical questions and a few STAR questions. All in all, just be yourself and you'll do well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

For an entry level job like this, there isn't much of a negotiation phase. They extend the offer over the phone via the hiring manager and you either accept it or they give it to someone else.