Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

General Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Trenton, NJ) in August 2018.

Interview

the interview process started with a phone call, and an onsite interview. if you passed, you were moved immediately to the drug screening and physical checks. thereafter, a task oriented screening to check your ability to perform eight different tasks.

Interview Questions

• what is your understanding of safety?
      what does quality mean to you   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

This was a very formal interview. The sales manager, general manager, and HR director were involved in the interview process. Presentation required for interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked during the interview were mainly behavioral-based questions, which can throw some interviewees off.   Answer Question

Pension Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Used behavior based questions in a panel setting. Make sure you have questions prepared to ask panel and take your time answering questions. Be patient sometimes they are very slow making a decision.

Interview Questions

• Group panel, difficult to get feedback. Study and memorize how to answer these types of questions properly and adequately. Do your research   Answer Question

Pension Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Contacted by staffing agent asked exp related questions salary req. Phone interview with IR the next day. Received a call same day that IR would like to have a face to face interview. Meet with two managers, they asked me questions about my exp. and my system skills. No 3rd degree type questions, very easy interview I think. The next day I was offered the position. Process was pretty fast, I would say it too about a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was neg. I received 1.00 let than what I asked for.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in April 2015.

Interview

It was an informal interview over phone with the project head. They wanted to develop an application in SpringMVC. Mostly the head asked me questions related to SpringMVC and how I will be able to develop the application they need. He was very friendly and we had a good conversation. I went directly through referral and in the next round with HR they asked me if I will need sponsorship in future. This is where they could not make an offer to me. If you don't need sponsorship then its a very good project to work on as you will get complete freedom to design the application.

Change Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in May 2015.

Interview

Receved email from HR POC who requested time to discuss my background and their openings. I was asked several questions about a "...time when I led a LEAN event."

Interview Questions

• Seemed keen on knowing and learning of a LEAN event I had led and the results. Pointed questions to asertain my level of understanding, company deeply invested in LEAN trnsformation for last four years.   Answer Question
    • Threw lots of LEAN terminology and company acronyms at me and asked about my familiarity and understanding.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (East Lansing, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed the day after my campus career fair. Met with a current ADP who graduated from my school and the university recruiter for operations. Typical 30 minute behavioral interview. After a few weeks was contacted to have a phone interview with a hiring manager. That interview was a little more technical, it got into what background and interests I had. It was really to see if I was a good fit for the project he had in mind. Received an offer right after the phone interview. I really appreciated how open the recruiter was throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in operations and what kind of background would help you in an operations role?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

There were about 6 questions that I was asked, but they kind of all related to one another. For the intern level, they only asked behavioral questions and as long as you're prepared with different scenarios the behavioral questions aren't all that hard.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of explain a time you struggled with group conflict and how did you go about fixing the problem.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Very organized and rigid in the interviewing process. Given excellent detail from corporate before interview on what to expect, such as a panel interview, behavioral questions, 90 minutes time frame and the names of who would be there. Turns out there were 3 people and not 2 interviewing me.

Each one asked a predetermined behavioral question (about 10 total) from a sheet they had from corporate. At times they seemed bored to death and other times they were laughing, always writing notes. A little unnerving. It was an exhausting 90 minutes having to constantly think of past experiences (stories) to answer their questions. But they seemed understanding and appreciative.

Didn't ever get the feeling they completely understood my background or skills. Wish it could have been more personal and not following a corporate mandated outline.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went the extra mile to help a customer out? What were the results?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Penn State University, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was two-fold. We first started off with regular, behavioral questions. After that, we moved into STAR questions. This was all one-on-one and took place the day after our Fall career fair. They were very quick and within a few days I received a call saying I got the position. After a week or two I received the formal offer in my email.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was alone with two interviewers. Questions were primarily behavioral questions such as name a time you faced X thing and how you dealt with it. Overall a fairly relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you displayed leadership qualities   1 Answer