Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2018

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Kansas City, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

They emphasized the STAR method and asked that all answers fit this structure. The interview itself was only behavior questions that focused on leadership. They look for leadership, initiative, and willingness to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you displayed unconventional leadership?   Answer Question

SDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Charlotte, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview with HR, then invited to an on campus interview which lasted two days. The first day was basically an overview of the company and a tour of HQ in NC. The second day was the actual interview which was one behavioral interview and a presentation/ sales pitch type scenario.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received email for phone interview, approx 20 minutes. Had in person behavioral based interview a couple weeks later with 3 person management team. First behavioral interview so little nervous going in, but many years experience equals plenty of anecdotes. Overall positive experience. Really good people from recruitor to district manager.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of something you learned on your own that wasnt required by your employer?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

It took a week to process. Has three rounds of interview process. 1.Telephonic 2. Face to Face Technical discussion and followed by manager's round. All the three round will involve in more technical discussions only.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted to set up an interview a week later. Interview was straight forward 40 min of behavioral questions. Thought it was easy and went well but never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into technical sales?
      Name a time you had to go out of your way to make a connection and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Greensboro, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

It was during the career fair. I was interviewed by 2 people and they only asked me 3 behavioral questions. They asked me to describe myself and why I was interested to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation at work and how you handle it?   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a group of department heads. They each explained their jobs and asked which department I would like to be a part of. It was 30 min.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about past leadership experience and favorite classes.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Relatively straightforward. Interview was average -- took about an hour and consisted of mostly common questions. The hiring process goes very quickly with this company. I received my offer within a month of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used your formal education to benefit you during a project.   1 Answer

Global Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Straightforward. All interviews tend to use the same format, so it is fairly easy to prepare. They've been using the same behavioral based questions for several years now. As long as you are knowledgeable on the technical side and can answer the behavioral based questions well, the interview will go well.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you didn't get a desired outcome. What did you do? What would you do differently next time?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy interview process for the HVAC division. Ingersoll Rand personal were very professional and there seemed to be a good office relationship, everyone was nice and professional. They were looking for someone that was HVAC specific

Interview Questions

• Customer relations questions and industry specific questions   Answer Question