Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2018

ESE Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was a quick and easy process that will go smoothly as long as you are adequately prepared for the interview. Therefore, the necessary preparation for the interview will determine your future within the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one task that forced you to adapt?   1 Answer

Director of Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in January 2018.

Interview

Horrible process. You get contacted by the recruiter and then an old school hiring manager who probably started his career in the late 80s would call you regarding your strategy on digital products and business analytics. Save your time and work for silicon valley startup instead...

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received email for phone interview, approx 20 minutes. Had in person behavioral based interview a couple weeks later with 3 person management team. First behavioral interview so little nervous going in, but many years experience equals plenty of anecdotes. Overall positive experience. Really good people from recruitor to district manager.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of something you learned on your own that wasnt required by your employer?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Kansas City, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

They emphasized the STAR method and asked that all answers fit this structure. The interview itself was only behavior questions that focused on leadership. They look for leadership, initiative, and willingness to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you displayed unconventional leadership?   Answer Question

SDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Charlotte, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview with HR, then invited to an on campus interview which lasted two days. The first day was basically an overview of the company and a tour of HQ in NC. The second day was the actual interview which was one behavioral interview and a presentation/ sales pitch type scenario.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

It took a week to process. Has three rounds of interview process. 1.Telephonic 2. Face to Face Technical discussion and followed by manager's round. All the three round will involve in more technical discussions only.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted to set up an interview a week later. Interview was straight forward 40 min of behavioral questions. Thought it was easy and went well but never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into technical sales?
      Name a time you had to go out of your way to make a connection and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Greensboro, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

It was during the career fair. I was interviewed by 2 people and they only asked me 3 behavioral questions. They asked me to describe myself and why I was interested to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation at work and how you handle it?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Penn State University, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was two-fold. We first started off with regular, behavioral questions. After that, we moved into STAR questions. This was all one-on-one and took place the day after our Fall career fair. They were very quick and within a few days I received a call saying I got the position. After a week or two I received the formal offer in my email.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a group of department heads. They each explained their jobs and asked which department I would like to be a part of. It was 30 min.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about past leadership experience and favorite classes.   Answer Question