Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2017

242 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Relatively straightforward. Interview was average -- took about an hour and consisted of mostly common questions. The hiring process goes very quickly with this company. I received my offer within a month of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used your formal education to benefit you during a project.   Answer Question

Global Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Straightforward. All interviews tend to use the same format, so it is fairly easy to prepare. They've been using the same behavioral based questions for several years now. As long as you are knowledgeable on the technical side and can answer the behavioral based questions well, the interview will go well.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you didn't get a desired outcome. What did you do? What would you do differently next time?   1 Answer

Director of Innovation Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Applied on-line and received an e-mail from HR to have a 30 minute call. The HR person was friendly and personable and we actually spoke for about 45 minutes. I thought the call went well. The HR person did a good job of laying out a timeline for when I could expect to hear back from them if the hiring manager wanted to talk with me.

Administrative Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a telephone call to schedule a standard phone interview with the corporate recruiter. This was then followed by a face to face with the hiring manager and two other members of the management team. I was brought back in for a third interview and received an offer via telephone about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Also included a panel interview with a few subordinates.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

It started with a phone call from a recruiter to solicit my interest. This was followed up by another phone call by the recruiter to set up a separate call with the hiring management team. After that then I was invited to an on-site interview where the team used a behavioral style of interviewing. There were two panel interviews (the management team split into two groups) lasting over 4 hours including lunch.

Interview Questions

• Not all direct reports are successful in their jobs. Tell me about a direct report who was terminated because he/she didn’t work out?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter through a career fair and he was able to get me in touch with HR. It took about a week before HR and I settled on a date and time where I would have a technical phone screening with one of the engineers. The questions were mainly focused on what was on my resume, especially the projects. About a week after the interview, HR called me again with an offer.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in March 2017.

Interview

It took a while from when i met them at the career fair for us to finally connect over the phone. They interviewed me and when i told them i already had another offer they offered me the job the very next day.

Interview Questions

• what makes ingersoll rand stand out to you from your other options   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

I met the recruiters on campus at a job fair and got an interview for the nest day. I interviewed with two members of operations late in the afternoon and heard back within a few hours with a letter of committal, followed by a formal offer letter a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What's a goal you set and how did you achieve it?
      Describe a situation that was challenging for you.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (La Crosse, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Situation based questions instead of traditional. Overall a positive experience. Was offered a position but declined due to low salary offering. In all fairness, it was partially my fault because I estimated my annual income about $2,000 lower than what it was. IR offered me this amount and not a penny more. When HR contacted me to ask why I refused the offer I mentioned the reason for my refusal being the lower than my minimum salary needed. HR said they would see if they could increase the offer. They got back to me within 20 minutes to say they wouldn't go any higher. This was quite disappointing because IR was a company I wanted to work for and being they are so large thought they would be willing to not only pay a decent wage, but also negotiate. Very good experience, but disappointing outcome. Again I am partially to blame for underestimating by $2,000 a year.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a suggestion that was shot down. How did you react?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

RECRUITER NO-SHOW. I was initially contacted by a Talent Aquisition Recruiter who worked for Ingersoll Rand after getting connected through someone in my network. The recruiter asked me via email if she could call me on a specific day for a phone interview and I quickly responded with a 4-hour time slot. On that day, I waited four hours with no response. I called, left a voicemail, and emailed to see if perhaps there was an emergency or miscommunication. Five days later, I still have never heard from the company again.

Interview Questions

• What does silence sound like?   1 Answer