Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview. Then it was a multi-faceted in-person interview with three different groups of interviewers and an on-site writing test. That total interview included five individuals asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Ingersoll Rand provides pre-interview materials regarding their interview style and potential questions.   Answer Question

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with behavioral questioning requiring STAR technique responses. Typically there will be a group of 3-5 from a cross-functional group in the business sector performing the interview. Questions are prepared but open to interpretation by the interviewer,

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a deadline that you were not going to meet. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Apply online and got an interview after a week. HR phone interview then Hiring manager interview. On site interview, met 3 people. About in two weeks, got the offer.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for IR?   1 Answer

Operation Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Augusta, GA).

Interview

Serval situational question that was randomly ask from the round table group. I had 5 ppl on the panel. Operations manager, HR, General manager and supervisors from each area. Everybody asked 2 questions a piece.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time where your planned something out and your didn't workout? Have you had a project that the results wasn't what you wanted?   1 Answer
    • What's the toughest question you've been asked on the job   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Once I was in the pipeline the process was rather quick, first phone interview was scheduled around my free time (this included a Saturday morning call) a second call with the hiring manager. Third interview was with a panel of leadership peers. 4th interview was face to face with hiring manager. Fifth interview was with IT Vice President.

Senior Director Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

STAR interview process. Arrogant and ignorant interview panel. Practically impossible to penetrate executive or senior management positions from outside. Company has a strong preference for those that originate their career and develop internally.

Appears to be a lot of bureaucracy within their organization.

Declined their offer because they could not meet my salary requirements and friends that I know that have worked their or currently work their advised that it was not a great place to work. Money is not everything but the VP I would be reporting to seemed like he would be extremely toxic to work for.

Their benefit package was competitive and better than many companies.

Inside Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Very organized and rigid in the interviewing process. Given excellent detail from corporate before interview on what to expect, such as a panel interview, behavioral questions, 90 minutes time frame and the names of who would be there. Turns out there were 3 people and not 2 interviewing me.

Each one asked a predetermined behavioral question (about 10 total) from a sheet they had from corporate. At times they seemed bored to death and other times they were laughing, always writing notes. A little unnerving. It was an exhausting 90 minutes having to constantly think of past experiences (stories) to answer their questions. But they seemed understanding and appreciative.

Didn't ever get the feeling they completely understood my background or skills. Wish it could have been more personal and not following a corporate mandated outline.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went the extra mile to help a customer out? What were the results?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Tyler, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

There were three interviews. One with a couple team members the position would work with, one with HR, and one with the person who would be your boss. All the interviews were very casual and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you were in a leadership position and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Energy Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Great interview process first round with a HR at my college.
    Second round was over the phone with the hiring manager in that specific office.
    Third round was at the actual location of interest with a very easy going process.

Interview Questions

• How do you differ from other candidates with more experience than you?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

S.T.A.R.S. appoach. (Situation.Task, Action, Results. All are pretty much behavioral based. Usually takes about 2.5 hrs. depending on questions. First, you have a phone interview, then if you are selected, then they will bring you in for in person interview usually with a panel of people from the group you will be in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you continue to make sure you are current in your functional skills and
      knowledge. How do you ensure that you are up to date with new developments, ideas and
      innovations in your field?
      1 Answer