Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (La Crosse, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

the hr gave me a call firstly and asked me whether i want to relocate, when i will graduate, etc. Then a n engineer gave me technical call. We went through my resume. He also briefly introduced hie team, current project, etc. The onsite interview was around 8 hours. I met with 10 persons. they asked both technical and behavior questions.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (East Lansing, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed the day after my campus career fair. Met with a current ADP who graduated from my school and the university recruiter for operations. Typical 30 minute behavioral interview. After a few weeks was contacted to have a phone interview with a hiring manager. That interview was a little more technical, it got into what background and interests I had. It was really to see if I was a good fit for the project he had in mind. Received an offer right after the phone interview. I really appreciated how open the recruiter was throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in operations and what kind of background would help you in an operations role?   Answer Question

Field Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Sioux Falls, SD) in December 2015.

Interview

Had a great interview. They were very specific and answered all my question. Went through the jobs description and explained all the procedures. Explained how the company works and explained the companies goals and aspirations. Gave me information on benefits, work rules and what procedures are expected of me. They did a great job as giving me the information that I needed.

Interview Questions

• If I would be able to travel within their location points to existing customers?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied to the position through LinkedIn. Got an email from a recruiter for setting up telephonic interview with him. I set up an interview after 4 days at our time of convenience. I got eliminated in the telephonic screening itself. Recruiter said that the company had reached their quota of hiring international applicants and is not willing to hire International applicants for a few more months. I am not sure as to what else could have been involved in the entire interview process had I been shortlisted further.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Sloppy - hiring manager described as nontraditional but it was awkward and uncomfortable. Ultimately they chose another candidate but dragged out the rejection process. I felt that the selection process was fair but they hiring team was unsure in what they were looking for in a potential new member of their team. It was something that they were unprepared for and it showed in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Is travel an issue between two major cities?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Phone Interview with 3 engineers, on speaker, 30 min, basic behavioral questions, was pretty personal. Asked a lot about the projects I have done in the past and the skills I got out of them. After the phone interview I was contacted the next day offering me the position.

Human Resource Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in November 2015.

Interview

I initially applied through my university. Then I got a phone call to go over my qualifications and the position. Then I had another phone interview with them with behavioral questions. Then finally I had a last interview with my soon to be supervisor for more behavioral questions and specifics of the position.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

The first step in the interview process was a phone interview. Then one week later I had an in-person interview with manager in the location I would be working at. I received an offer later that week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in HR? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I was contacted directly by an IR employee for the job. I had 2 phone interviews - first with HR, then my potential manager. Finally, I met in person with management team. Overall it took about a month from start to finish, plus background check.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I got the interview through meeting a recruiter at the career fair. I had an on campus 30-minute interview with 2 people that was behavioral-based. It was nothing out of the ordinary and the interviewers were really nice. I got an email a couple of weeks later saying that I didn't get a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you applied something you learned in class in a real-life situation.
      Tell me about your process of setting goals and how you meet them.
      Tell me about a time you were most innovative in your work/academics.
      How do you keep up with news/updates in your field?
      What is your ideal job after graduation?
      Answer Question