Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

Manufacturing Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Phone Interview with 3 engineers, on speaker, 30 min, basic behavioral questions, was pretty personal. Asked a lot about the projects I have done in the past and the skills I got out of them. After the phone interview I was contacted the next day offering me the position.

Human Resource Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in November 2015.

Interview

I initially applied through my university. Then I got a phone call to go over my qualifications and the position. Then I had another phone interview with them with behavioral questions. Then finally I had a last interview with my soon to be supervisor for more behavioral questions and specifics of the position.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

The first step in the interview process was a phone interview. Then one week later I had an in-person interview with manager in the location I would be working at. I received an offer later that week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in HR? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I was contacted directly by an IR employee for the job. I had 2 phone interviews - first with HR, then my potential manager. Finally, I met in person with management team. Overall it took about a month from start to finish, plus background check.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I got the interview through meeting a recruiter at the career fair. I had an on campus 30-minute interview with 2 people that was behavioral-based. It was nothing out of the ordinary and the interviewers were really nice. I got an email a couple of weeks later saying that I didn't get a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you applied something you learned in class in a real-life situation.
      Tell me about your process of setting goals and how you meet them.
      Tell me about a time you were most innovative in your work/academics.
      How do you keep up with news/updates in your field?
      What is your ideal job after graduation?
      Answer Question

Operations Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Skype interview for the first round, then flew out for a two day assessment. First day was rotating between 1:2 interviews and a leaderless-group discussion. 2nd day was a case study presentation on a possible merger and what we would do.

Interview Questions

• Panel Discussion: Each of you (6 others) have a department with two projects, and need to reduce your overall budget 25%.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews that went well. During my first I mentioned I wanted to work in Texas and they forwarded me to right hiring manager. After that I was invited to a regional interview in Dallas. The whole process has been great! And all of the managers have been very upfront and honest with what the job entails and its benifits and disadvantages.

Interview Questions

• How well do you think you can get along with a team that is working together but at the same time competing for themselves?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a two day assessment process to review all candidates in multiple areas. I was one of twenty candidates brought to their headquarters. Was informed next day of results from it. I learned a lot about how they operated their business and what I would be getting into if I chose to follow this line of work. All current employees were there observing you but were also available for you to ask any questions you may have had.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that will help you to succeed in this job?   1 Answer

Controls Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Nashville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

On site interview with team. Questions asked by they and I. Friendly, inquisitive, lasted about 1.5 hours.
    Seemed like a decent company to work for. Did not offer travel reimbursement.
    They seemed genuinely interested in my background and abilities. Did not sugar-coat anything. Seemed to gain points for that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Trane, here?
      Did not ask what type of vegetable I identified with.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

The members of Club Car hosted a information session at my University and I was interviewed immediately after the session. The Interview was very casual and felt more like a meet and greet.