Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in April 2015.

Interview

It was an informal interview over phone with the project head. They wanted to develop an application in SpringMVC. Mostly the head asked me questions related to SpringMVC and how I will be able to develop the application they need. He was very friendly and we had a good conversation. I went directly through referral and in the next round with HR they asked me if I will need sponsorship in future. This is where they could not make an offer to me. If you don't need sponsorship then its a very good project to work on as you will get complete freedom to design the application.

Engineering Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions as well as questions based off my resume. Asking for elaboration and how I could apply it to the internship. Mostly behavioral questions, teamwork type stuff..

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been on a team and someone was not pulling there weight? How did you handle it   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied Online, contacted by recruiter one week later. Came in for 2 hour onsite interview. Nice campus, team was polite/friendly. Was told I would be contacted in a week regarding follow-up. I was contacted the following week. Did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did x,y,z. What was the outcome, etc.   Answer Question

ADP Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

The interview consisted of a one-on-one interview with an HR rep. The interview lasted about 30 min and was conducted using the STAR method. The HR rep was very professional and easy to talk to. I enjoyed meeting with her and learning about the organization.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

I had an atypical interview process. I was interviewed by an alum from my university (behavioral). After a couple of weeks, I was contacted by an Operations Manager for an additional interview for Trane. After completing that, I was interviewed once more by two Systems Engineers at the manufacturing plant.

The overall process was surprisingly lengthy (not typical for IR based on colleagues' experiences) but very pleasant. HR is very helpful and will do their best to answer all our questions. The nature of the questions were behavioral for the most part aside from later interviews with future supervisor that probed more deeply into the type of employee that I would become in order to find a fit between you and the company.

Technical questions were not a part of the process, but they do want to find out what experiences you have in order to prepare you for a job in operations (tooling, theory, lean manufacturing, etc).

Awesome company to work for!

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in February 2015.

Interview

A phone interview that consisted of only STAR related questions on past projects and classes. The interviewer was from university relations and very pleasant to talk to. This was the first of a series of phone interviews in their recruiting process. The interview was only about a half hour long.

Global Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I am currently at school as a Supply Chain and Information Systems major. Ingersoll Rand recruiters came to a career fair seeking out students for the internship position. I attended, met one of the recruiters who offered me an interview for the next day. The interview was predominantly behavioral questions about certain things i've experienced or had to overcome. It was extremely comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Talk about at time when you had to solve a problem in a way that you might not have traditionally, due to the circumstances.   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Macon, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was extremely long over the phone at first. Then I had to prepare a slideshow presentation of my work experience and skills. I had to present this slideshow in front of a panel of people.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what skills I had to contribute to their company.   1 Answer

Commodity Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Process took 3 months. This is typical for IR, although I wish it wasn't. Onboarding was pretty quick though. They got me in place and work commenced immediately. I was hired going into the busy contract negotiation season, so that was a factor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you convinced management to make a change   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate base salary, but rather more vacation time for first year. Ongoing salary raises are standard, so I valued time off more.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in January 2015.

Interview

I got an interview offer through a career fair at my college. The interview itself was mostly based on behavior based questions and the structure was pretty relaxed. The interview was about an hour long and very open ended even questions presented. The person conducting the interview worked with you if you got stuck and had follow up question to keep the conversation going fluidly.

Interview Questions

• What was one error that you encountered and how did you react to it.   Answer Question

See What Ingersoll Rand Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Former Marketing and Communications Director in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros: “IR is a very large company; however, it manages to maintain an environment of 'personal identity' through the way in which the company is structured. They use SBU's...”“IR is a very large company; however, it manages to maintain an environment of 'personal identity' through the way in which the company is structured. They use SBU's (strategic business units) due to their large diversification in many markets. Due to this business model, an employee generally felt as if they were heard, appreciated, and valued. The company compensates its employees well, and the packages offered are highly competitive. Anyone looking to go to work for one of their units will find a company that invests in its employees, never rests on its laurels, and is continually adapting to meet the changing landscape of whatever channel of business they are in. Wonderful company!” – Full Review