Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews that went well. During my first I mentioned I wanted to work in Texas and they forwarded me to right hiring manager. After that I was invited to a regional interview in Dallas. The whole process has been great! And all of the managers have been very upfront and honest with what the job entails and its benifits and disadvantages.

Interview Questions

• How well do you think you can get along with a team that is working together but at the same time competing for themselves?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a two day assessment process to review all candidates in multiple areas. I was one of twenty candidates brought to their headquarters. Was informed next day of results from it. I learned a lot about how they operated their business and what I would be getting into if I chose to follow this line of work. All current employees were there observing you but were also available for you to ask any questions you may have had.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that will help you to succeed in this job?   1 Answer

Controls Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Nashville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

On site interview with team. Questions asked by they and I. Friendly, inquisitive, lasted about 1.5 hours.
    Seemed like a decent company to work for. Did not offer travel reimbursement.
    They seemed genuinely interested in my background and abilities. Did not sugar-coat anything. Seemed to gain points for that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Trane, here?
      Did not ask what type of vegetable I identified with.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

The members of Club Car hosted a information session at my University and I was interviewed immediately after the session. The Interview was very casual and felt more like a meet and greet.

Warranty Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Corona, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

My interview was with Club Car, which is a golf cart manufacturing subsidiary of Ingersoll Rand. Initially, there was a fairly brief 15 minute phone interview followed by an in person interview that was scheduled the very next day. It was a fairly standard interview process, there was nothing outrageous or particularly difficult about it.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of a time that you had conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiters came on campus, and I had a good discussion with them. I was asked to apply through their website, so I did. About two weeks later, I had a phone interview with some simple questions. It went well.

I heard back about two weeks after the phone interview, with an offer. IR wanted a response within 6 days. I was able to negotiate an additional week, and a little higher pay, but it was still lower than I was paid prior to coming back to graduate school.

I asked to speak with the manager in charge of the position, so I could ask about the position and culture further. The manager was really nice and it would have been a great opportunity, but due to both the low-ball offer and the acceptance turnaround, I turned it down.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Have you ever had a difficult co-worker/teammate? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mocksville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Mocksville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with the corporate HR rep. Then had a phone screen with the hiring manager for the facility. All went well so I was called in for a f2f interview. Arrived at the facility and was escorted around the facility and was asked to make suggestions and recommendations on what could be improved and how to improve it. It was obvious that when I made the suggestions the hiring manager was irritated that I found something wrong with his facility. Then went into a panel interview that I had made a presentation for at their request. I covered the presentation and then went into a hour long round-robin question and answer session with the managers taking turns asking questions.

Left with a very positive feeling I was a good fit for the job and for the company.

The (2) business days later I received the feedback that I was not qualified for the job and did not have the required machining experience. The corporate HR rep then told me verbally "we decided to go with another candidate". One interesting note, the company reposted the position 20 minutes BEFORE they contacted me to let me know they gave the job to another candidate. Something seems amiss with the details I was given.

In addition, it has been 5 weeks since the interview and I still have not gotten reimbursed for my travel expenses and I have not had any reply to my second email requesting to understand the approval of my check.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively fair and standard. After applying to the company, I received an email from someone in HR to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was set for 30 minutes, but we connected fairly well and talked for about 45 minutes. I was brought in for a 2 hour interview. The first hour was with members of the team, and the second hour was with the director of the respective department. From my perspective, both interviews went really well. At the end, the hiring manager informed me that the company would be in touch to inform me of their decision, either way, no later than the end of the week. The interview occurred on Tuesday. I received a follow-up phone call on Thursday stating that the decision would be made some time in the following week. The following week came, and I received another email stating that a decision would come Friday or the following Monday. Each day came and went. Today marks two weeks from the day I was told that a decision would be given either Friday or Monday, and I have received no further updates or decisions from the company. I accepted a role with another company and withdrew my name from consideration because I truly believe I would never receive any notice.

I would have had no issue with the company stating that were selecting another candidate, but to be left in limbo after several "updates" and assurances that I would be contacted with the results at various dates seems very unprofessional. I was impressed with the company and those I interviewed with, but I feel like I may have dodged a bullet. Hopefully this is was just an anomaly and not standard practice.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Sterling Heights, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very positive. They really like me, as I had all the education and experience they were looking for in a candidate. After the interview, I never heard back from they for over a month and also was not reimbursed for my travel/rental car expenses. A company like Ingersoll Rand should be ashamed of treating prospective candidates in such a manner. The director of the facility was probably younger than me and did not seem knowledgeable about the product.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was average difficulty. They asked numerous situational/behavioral questions and were very open and friendly. There were a total of 2 interviews, one was phone based and the other was in person. The in person interview was with a panel.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation in which you disagreed with a manager, what was the task, and how did you solve the disagreement.   Answer Question