Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions in La Crosse, WI | Glassdoor

Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions in La Crosse, WI

Updated Mar 4, 2017

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (La Crosse, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Situation based questions instead of traditional. Overall a positive experience. Was offered a position but declined due to low salary offering. In all fairness, it was partially my fault because I estimated my annual income about $2,000 lower than what it was. IR offered me this amount and not a penny more. When HR contacted me to ask why I refused the offer I mentioned the reason for my refusal being the lower than my minimum salary needed. HR said they would see if they could increase the offer. They got back to me within 20 minutes to say they wouldn't go any higher. This was quite disappointing because IR was a company I wanted to work for and being they are so large thought they would be willing to not only pay a decent wage, but also negotiate. Very good experience, but disappointing outcome. Again I am partially to blame for underestimating by $2,000 a year.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a suggestion that was shot down. How did you react?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

S.T.A.R.S. appoach. (Situation.Task, Action, Results. All are pretty much behavioral based. Usually takes about 2.5 hrs. depending on questions. First, you have a phone interview, then if you are selected, then they will bring you in for in person interview usually with a panel of people from the group you will be in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you continue to make sure you are current in your functional skills and
      knowledge. How do you ensure that you are up to date with new developments, ideas and
      innovations in your field?
      1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (La Crosse, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

the hr gave me a call firstly and asked me whether i want to relocate, when i will graduate, etc. Then a n engineer gave me technical call. We went through my resume. He also briefly introduced hie team, current project, etc. The onsite interview was around 8 hours. I met with 10 persons. they asked both technical and behavior questions.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (La Crosse, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was a whole day affair from 8am to 3pm (and it even went a bit long). The meat of the interview happened in the morning after a tour from the hiring manager. There were 3 interviews, each was one hour and they were 2-on-1. Questions came from corporate forms and every question asked about specific experiences. This is the current trend in corporate hiring but they were pretty strict about not allowing hypothetical answers. Most questions began "Tell us about a time when you..." There were no highly technical questions or case studies.

After the formal interviews I was taken to lunch in one of the executive dining rooms. This was with the hiring manager and the two people who would be my co-workers. The lunch was quite long but it allowed us to see if I fit in well with the team. The food was excellent!

After lunch was a second more in-depth tour and a wrap-up discussion with the hiring manager. By the time I got to my car I was completely exhausted after being "on" for so long. No particular thing was difficult about the interview but the sum total of the day ranks this as one of the more difficult interviews I've been through.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you [insert something you haven't exactly done].   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer came by phone followed by email late Friday. I was given a week deadline but recruiter wanted to talk early the following week. I decided over the weekend that I'd take it but was going to negotiate a bit. I asked for a little more money and an extra week of vacation and a slightly later start date (2 weeks later than they proposed). Recruiter said I needed to give him a dollar figure to take to the team, I asked for +5% salary, hoping for 3%, which is what they came back with. The surprising thing was that they cannot negotiate vacation. Everyone starts at 3 weeks regardless of level and experience. Postponed start date was not a problem.

Also, note that their background checks can take up to 4 weeks and that has to clear before the relocation package gets authorized. Be sure to consider this when negotiating your start date if you are moving for this job.

Reliability Engineer-mechanical Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

Apply, brief HR phone interview mostly to line up a time for an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, in-person interview with hiring manager and people from the group you'll be working with most closely.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior based questions in the in-person interview so not too hard, most technical questions were asked by the hiring manager in the phone interview, but even then no rigorous technical questions.   1 Answer

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (La Crosse, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

The STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format is a job interview technique used by interviewers to gather all the relevant information about a specific capability that the job requires. This interview format is said[by whom?] to have a higher degree of predictability of future on-the-job performance than the traditional interview. This technique is a behavioral interview technique.
    Situation: The interviewer wants you to present a recent challenge and situation in which you found yourself.
    Task: What did you have to achieve? The interviewer will be looking to see what you were trying to achieve from the situation.
    Action: What did you do? The interviewer will be looking for information on what you did, why you did it and what the alternatives were.
    Results: What was the outcome of your actions? What did you achieve through your actions and did you meet your objectives? What did you learn from this experience and have you used this learning since?

Interview Questions

• The interviewer wants you to present a recent challenge and situation in which you found yourself.   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

I applied online. Then HR contacted and fixed a phone interview. Had one round of technical plus HR interview with a team of 4 hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult question, more from resume. If you know in and out of the things provided in it, will be more than sufficient.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (La Crosse, WI) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was for Trane in La Crosse WI. Had a 30 min phone interview with behavioral questions.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (La Crosse, WI) in December 2008.

Interview

Long group interview

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you go the extra-mile for an employer   1 Answer
    • Who do you handle new assignments?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is some room to negotiate