Ingersoll Rand Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingersoll Rand Project Manager Interview Questions

3.2

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews. The first was a phone interview with the HR talent person. The second was with the hiring manager. The third was with a panel of 6 people from the team. I had to give a presentation. The third interview lasted roughly. 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had an upset customer and how did you calm them.
    Tell us about a time when you had a problem and you had to think outside the box.
    Are you comfortable working outside of your comfort zone? Tell us about a time when you had to do this.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ingersoll Rand

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC).

Interview

IR brings in a lot of contract help for certain projects, but then, let's go of full time PMs and dissolves global PMO department. Uncertain times in reorganization.

Interview Questions

• Managers & interview panel are 'forced' to ask questions from the targeted selection list. STAR format is imperative.
      Examples: Tell me about a time when your standard approach to problem solving didn’t produce the desired solution. What did you do? What was the outcome? What did you learn?
      Describe a time when you actively listened to the concerns of others and it changed your opinion. What did you learn? What did you do differently?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed 4 times at 1-4 time periods and then they never communicated from that point on.
    My impression was they were unorganized and had managerial structure issues leading to difficulty making a decision.

Interview Questions

• Who was your most difficult manager to work for   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Mangement called me on the phone to interview me and then set up a time to be interviewed with management and other employees. After the interview I was offered the postion and beganthe process of filling out the employee history and back ground check which takes about 3 weeks for the process. Once the background check was complete and ingersol Rand gave the green light I was able to start work right away

Interview Questions

• How I manage my time and prioritze   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked what I was looking to make and management came back higher with added bonuses

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

The first perception that I got about the company was that it cared about where their employees came from, where they are now, and where they are going in their careers. My second perception was that they care about the well-being of their employees. The interview was one in which you have to make sure that you know what you're talking about and be flexible in what you are able to do for the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your background fits with the current program that you're going to be hired for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. I got exactly what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Carmel, IN) in June 2010.

Interview

Behavioral Based interview with questions for HR

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you tried to implement a new process and failed.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in March 2012.

Interview

Phone screening with Trane recruiter that was very professional and well prepared.