Ingersoll Rand Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingersoll Rand Sales Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a two day assessment process to review all candidates in multiple areas. I was one of twenty candidates brought to their headquarters. Was informed next day of results from it. I learned a lot about how they operated their business and what I would be getting into if I chose to follow this line of work. All current employees were there observing you but were also available for you to ask any questions you may have had.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that will help you to succeed in this job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ingersoll Rand

Engineering Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions as well as questions based off my resume. Asking for elaboration and how I could apply it to the internship. Mostly behavioral questions, teamwork type stuff..

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been on a team and someone was not pulling there weight? How did you handle it   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

I had got an interview by attending the career fair at my college. The next day I had an on campus interview with a sales manager and a representative from hr. The interview process was roughly 45 minutes and asked many questions relating to sales and human interaction. Both interviewers were great and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• If your last employer could name one negative thing about you what would it be?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online 2 weeks to return call very technical asking about past experience was very difficult manager was pretty harsh just hope you dont get him and you will be fine from all the other people ive heard from

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were wrong and had to explain to customer   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Meet at career fair, applied online.

Interview Questions

Got a offer with a more desirable location

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Seattle, WA) in September 2007.

Interview

This interview may have been speciic to my superior, not sure if all IR interviews are taylored this way. After a phone screen I did a poweroint presentation on myself. Sounds bad, but looking back it was one o the most straight forward interviews ever as I talked about all my pluses rather than try to answer a bunch of stupid questions! I then interviewed with 3 office staff one on one, then a phone interview with the regional manager, then a phone interview with the national HR person, then 2 wks later a job offer. I did do a drug test, credit wasnt a factor as I was recently divorced and credit challenged, no personalisis test.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral type questions: given this scenario what would you do? What was the best job you had , the best part? What is your weakness? Do you like to learn new technical ideas?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Dont negotiate salary,

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in January 2012.

Interview

Asked pretty basic interview questions, including: Why Trane? What do you know about Trane/HVAC? Do you see yourself staying in one company for a long time? Tell me about a time you had to persuade a group member to do something? How would you go about motivating a team to finish a project on time?

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in October 2011.

Interview

The interview had a two day process. The first day was just an overview of the company, where you got the chance to talk with past employees about their experiences and what they thought of the job. A tip for this part is to not be afraid to order a beer when talking with the employees over dinner because it shows confidence.
    On the second day there were two types of interview. The first was a self presentation where we were told to "brag" about our past accomplishments and the second interview was your standard interview where they fired questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you find interesting about sales?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in January 2010.

Interview

Powerpoint presentation on yourself giving history and details of experiences

Interview Questions

• What would you do in this circumstance?   1 Answer