Ingles Markets Interview Questions in Asheville, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

1.6

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Asheville, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

They called me to come in a few days after I had applied. They basically told me I had the job first thing. I just had to agree to the pay I would receive and shave my beard. r.i.p. beard. It was probably the easiest interview I've had which usually isn't a good thing.

Interview Questions

• They asked what hours I would be able to work and if I would shave my beard.   Answer Question

Stocking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Asheville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Asked about job options at customer service and got to talk to manager right away. Scheduled follow-up interview pending my online application and resume. Typical questions about customer service experience and willingness to be flexible with hours and assignments. Also, apparently company policy is to allow only a mustache, no beards -- kind of 1980s.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to deal with an upset customer   Answer Question

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Asheville, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

They called and wanted me there in 15 minutes: I live in town so for me it wasn't that big a problem. I went back told the bakery manager that I was the one she called and she took me up to the front. They told me they'd send me a job offer, and then I could come in for orientation the following week and start the day after.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Asheville, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Online application, then proceeded to call and check on my application to show interest in the job. Had to call a couple times to talk to the right manager. They scheduled me an interview the following day. They told me I had the job before I left the interview, and basic dress code policies and how to accept offer. Accepted job online via email *remember your username and password and email used and email password when applying here****************

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Asheville, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

During the interview process they ask you if your in school and what are the hours your looking for. They also do the orientation during the interview. They also take your license and either your birth certificate or social security card as part of the process. They are very nice during the whole process and they also do a drug and back ground check.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently enrolled in school or any other activities?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Asheville, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

He just asked me when I could be there and gave me the job. The whole process was very informal and took 5 minutes. Ingles will literally hire anyone off the street so that doesn't surprise me when I look back on it.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Asheville, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Store manager contacted me, I came in for about a 5 minute interview w/Deli Manager. They didn't even have the decency to call with an offer; they sent it via email. I guess they were afraid I would ask for more money. Was told by a co-worker that when she was hired, the store manager purposely avoided her because she knew she wanted more than they offered.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my availability and could I get there in a snow storm.   Answer Question

Frozen Food Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Asheville, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied on-line. I got a call the following day to interview that day. Met with the co-manger and was informed I had to wait on a back ground check. After one week I was informed that I had passed the check and could start immediately.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation. This what we pay

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Asheville, NC) in May 2009.

Interview

It was very easy. I just went in to the store and inquired about jobs. The manager took my number and then called me back to set up an appointment.

They basically look at you and if you seem like a respectable person they give you some paper work to fill out. If you dont have a felony then you are guaranteed a job.