Ingles Markets Deli Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingles Markets Deli Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

1.4

Anonymous Employee in Duncan, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Duncan, SC).

Interview

Put in an application online and then I called up there. Landed an interview, surprisingly it wasn't like an interview. It was like talking to an old friend or family member. It was an easy process. One of the easiest interviews I ever been in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. She did tell me she would try to get me more since I have experience in it.

Other Interview Reviews for Ingles Markets

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within two weeks. The interview was simple and easy. We sat down and I was mostly just asked about when I can work and how many hours. I was also asked about my previous work experience, but the emphasis was on my availability. They told me they would send me a job offer by email, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What times are you available to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Asheville, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

They called me to come in a few days after I had applied. They basically told me I had the job first thing. I just had to agree to the pay I would receive and shave my beard. r.i.p. beard. It was probably the easiest interview I've had which usually isn't a good thing.

Interview Questions

• They asked what hours I would be able to work and if I would shave my beard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gray, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Gray, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was with with the store owner and was very professional. The interview was your basic interview asking basic questions like what is your back ground experience? What makes you think you are a good person for the job you are applying for and why should I hire you? What are your goals? I was showed the area I would be working in and introduced to the managers over that area. I was asked how well do I work as a team and how are my customer service skills. I was also asked what hours was I available and was I flexible to work various shifts. I was also asked how well could I handle dealing with angry customers.

Interview Questions

• Are you asked to multitasking?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Anderson, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

was quick and easy 5 minutes in and out the manager called me I called her back and scheduled an appointment went to interview early and manager was friendly and understanding about what happened on other job , I explained certain health problems and she offered employment and explained how to do the hiring process online and I went home and accepted the job offer and completed the paperwork started working after that weekend.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your former employer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Dallas, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Super easy, just apply online and then follow up in person. They really want to get people in quick because the company has such a high turn over rate. They also like to hire family members so if you know someone(which is highly likely in the huge stores) they normally will hire you on the spot. If you don't know anyone just smile a lot and be friendly or just have a pulse and they will hire you. They don't drug test until about 2 weeks in so do what you will with that information.

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ingles Markets in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online for cashier and was contacted a week later by the Assistant Manager to come in for an interview. She was very nice and offered me a choice between cashier or a Deli position due to my retail background. It was an easy interview. She asked why I wanted to work for the company, why I left my last job, how long I expected to work there and availability, but it was mostly focused on my experience. She gave me a detailed description of the job and what would be expected of me. I was pleasantly surprised by the starting salary. Like all retail, experiences vary by store location but I had a good one at this store.

Anonymous Employee in Locust Grove, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Locust Grove, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. I did not feel nervous about it. I kept good eye contact and stayed focus on the conversations. I was offered the position right then and there at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Ellenwood, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Ellenwood, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very easy, and straight forward. took about at least 15 mins.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult simple questions like
      1. What made you apply here at Ingles?
      2. Do you have transportation?
      3. Whats your availability?
      4. Are you a friendly person?
      Answer Question

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was with the GM and the deli manager. Both were really nice and laid back, no difficult or abstract questions. They did say that the deli is the hardest department in the store, but I was hired with no experience. The whole process took about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you have deli experience?   1 Answer