Ingles Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

1.3

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Locust Grove, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Locust Grove, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. I did not feel nervous about it. I kept good eye contact and stayed focus on the conversations. I was offered the position right then and there at the end of the interview.

Stocking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Asheville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Asked about job options at customer service and got to talk to manager right away. Scheduled follow-up interview pending my online application and resume. Typical questions about customer service experience and willingness to be flexible with hours and assignments. Also, apparently company policy is to allow only a mustache, no beards -- kind of 1980s.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to deal with an upset customer   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Asheville, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

During the interview process they ask you if your in school and what are the hours your looking for. They also do the orientation during the interview. They also take your license and either your birth certificate or social security card as part of the process. They are very nice during the whole process and they also do a drug and back ground check.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently enrolled in school or any other activities?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingles Markets in January 2011.

Interview

It was typical of a company this size.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time where a customer made you uncomfortable. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingles Markets in December 2008.

Interview

manager 1 on 1

Interview Questions

• can you work weekends   1 Answer
    • do you have transportation from high school to work   1 Answer

Negotiation

Meat Cutter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Greenville, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Went in durning a hiring fair and had an interview on the spot. Came in the next day for a cutting test and was told they had another interview later that afternoon and they would let me know. The next day they called and asked when I could come in and finish the paperwork. I came in that friday afternoon to finish all my paperwork. Monday I was asked if I could start Wednesday and I said I could.

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gray, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Gray, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was with with the store owner and was very professional. The interview was your basic interview asking basic questions like what is your back ground experience? What makes you think you are a good person for the job you are applying for and why should I hire you? What are your goals? I was showed the area I would be working in and introduced to the managers over that area. I was asked how well do I work as a team and how are my customer service skills. I was also asked what hours was I available and was I flexible to work various shifts. I was also asked how well could I handle dealing with angry customers.

Interview Questions

• Are you asked to multitasking?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Spartanburg, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online for Pharmacy Technician positions at several stores. I received a phone call three months later to interview at a location with a Pharmacy Technician position available. I returned a call to the pharmacist on duty. He referred me to the pharmacy manager. The pharmacy manager contacted me four days later, and asked me to come in to interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you a registered pharmacy technician?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked in a pharmacy before?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview

I applied for the job and checked up on my application and waited for two months patiently because I really wanted it, I got hired, worked 2 days and was fired at the end of my shift because they ran my background check after i was hired and said I couldn't have my job anymore, even though I was honest about my conviction 5 years ago.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview

I applied online at their site and they replied in about 5 days. The interviewer gave me a phone call and we scheduled the interview. The questions are simple and the interview is stress-free.