Ingles Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingles Markets Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

1.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview

I was interviewed by the District Manager. The interview lasted for about an hour. After the interview it took about two weeks for me to hear something back. I was hired. It then took two weeks to get results of drug test. There was no negotiating salary. Either you take it or they move on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Stocker Interview

Interview

I was working for another retail store, one with a reputation of having excellent employees. I submitted an application and was given a job offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Given my employment background, I was not interviewed. Perhaps an oversight, however it worked out well for the both of us.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview

Seven minutes of nothing but fluff....No opportunities here. This was a triage interview for them. They're desperate to fill jobs, because they lose people as fast as they hire them. Terrible culture.

Warehouse Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Black Mountain, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Black Mountain, NC) in May 2007.

Interview

It was a very very short waste of my time that included a short 1:1 interview, a drug test, and a background test. It is required that ALL of their employees be subject to an initial drug test in their own labs, and random drug tests throughout the employment term.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was really there. They asked very few questions and said we'll have someone show you around, welcome to Ingles Markets.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greeneville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Greeneville, TN) in October 2010.

Interview

I filled out the application, submitted a resume and was told that I would be contacted by phone if they had an opening. I was contacted two weeks later and the manager asked me to come in to complete a drug test and set up a schedule.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work 7 days a week 24 hours a day?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any physical restrictions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told the starting wage was $7.50 an hour. I needed the job, so I accepted the job.

Anonymous Employee in East Ellijay, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (East Ellijay, GA) in November 2011.

Interview

very straight wordard

Interview Questions

• Can you work flexible schedule   1 Answer

Meat Wrapper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spruce Pine, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Spruce Pine, NC) in February 2009.

Interview

Was contacted initially by the market manager for a job I had not applied for, but was vacant and in need of immediate filling. The market manager was polite and seemed interested in what I was saying, explained the requirements of the job, and what I could typically expect as far as hours and duties.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected or difficult questions; very straight-forward interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, I was offered $9.50 an hour to start, which was a $2 raise from the job I was leaving; I needed no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Conyers, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

Very Easy. Asked about previous work experience and availability

Anonymous Employee in Ellenwood, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingles Markets (Ellenwood, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very easy, and straight forward. took about at least 15 mins.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult simple questions like
      1. What made you apply here at Ingles?
      2. Do you have transportation?
      3. Whats your availability?
      4. Are you a friendly person?
      Answer Question

Lead Cutter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ingles Markets in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was more over money than any thing else. The store manager was a pig and had a very strong disreguard for women. No employer questions concearning the job I had applied for.

Negotiation

Very tense and they do not like paying for decent help.