Ingram Micro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingram Micro Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.9

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview, a 2 person interview and an interview with the director. They asked quite a lot of questions, and some of them were very tricky. Probably one of the hardest interviews I've ever had.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Santa Ana, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Excellent process with constant updates and all of the information I could want at my fingertips. The tests taken caught me a little off guard, but I like companies that look for actual intelligence.

Interview Questions

• I had to take tests evaluating my verbal reasoning skills. Some were quite challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't push for once. I had just come out of a terrible position elsewhere and was a bit too anxious to get started.

Analyst I - Pricing Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview

There would be a initial phone interview and then you will have to answer a verbal test and personality test, which will takes you one and a half hour. After this, they will schedual a long group interview. For me, there are more than 11 people join my interview and they will ask all the detail of basic statistics knowledge based on your background and former projects. You need to be very prepared of these knowledges since there questions are all about details of basic principles.

Interview Questions

• Describe the whole process of logistics regression including the meaning of transformation, relationship and details of evaluation.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Though I withdrew my application after having major difficulties with their HR Department, I wanted to write a review to forewarn those who might consider applying so they know what they might potentially get themselves into.

I applied to the company online. I also had contact with an HR Director through emails because I forwarded her my resume through online professional networking. At first I thought it would be a relatively easy process, since we had corresponded on a Friday and scheduled for a phone interview on Monday. Sent her an email confirmation, but come Monday I waited for over an hour for a call from HR and never received a call.

Immediately I sent her an email expressing interest and confusion over our phone interview. Waited two days, received no response, and sent her a follow-up email that day (Wednesday) relating similar sentiments from my first email, but also throwing in that I had contacted her on Monday as well about this. I received a response from her--very informal--saying "Not confirmed ?" and that was it. I was surprised by this response, as it was formatted incorrectly, as you can see, and seemed accusing of me--as if her failure to call during our scheduled time was due to some incompetency on my part. Checking my email correspondences with her, I saw that I had sent her a confirmation email on Friday, and grew confused as to how she did not see this. I explained all of this to her, and we rescheduled for an interview the very next day. I made sure to emphasize my confirmation, sending a reconfirmation email to avoid any further confusion. Again I awoke early, prepared myself, and waited another hour and STILL no phone call. Again I emailed her, reiterating my interest and asking if something had came up and what was going on. She wrote back later in the day, saying that she had called me at the appointed interview time early in the morning, and then accused me of not answering her calls. I had my phone on me all morning long, even called a friend to ask for professional advice after I had sent the HR Director an email inquiring about her not calling, so my service was not down. At this point, I withdrew my application from the process, realizing that I did not want to be a part of a company that treated prospective employees in such a distasteful and unprofessional manner.

Interview Questions

• Again, I did not go through to the interview process because I withdrew, but I wanted to relate my experience with the interview process with this company for others to be aware of.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingram Micro in December 2010.

Interview

very long draining process. weary by the end. alllll day. 8 hours of interviews, and testing. All for nothing.

Interview Questions

• whats the difference between a "have" and "where" sql statements   Answer Question

Channel Account Specialist L Or Ll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Great experience interviewing with Ingram Micro. Security guard was very friendly and gave some details on how things work in the building. Interviewers were friendly and respectful, a pleasure to be with as I was cross interviewed by 2 hiring managers. On a scale of difficulty from 0-5, I would say a 2.5. Questions were mostly regular but they liked to throw in random questions which was refreshing to hear. No offer as I am still interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, something other than we can see on the resume.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Ingram Micro?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
    • Why should we pick you above other candidates?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the position you are applying for?   Answer Question
    • Do you know any friends or family that work here?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what vendors we work with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time that you had to convene information to an audience?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you weren't a part of a project but then you had to take over and complete it.   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Friday and got called on The Tuesday after to interview on Friday and that was successful. I got a call on Monday after to attend a 2nd interview on Wednesdaywhereby i had to give my thoughts on a scenario and how best to deal with it from a marketing stance. I got offered the job on Thursday

Interview Questions

• Marketing knowledge based questions as well as what you have to offer. I also got asked to take the panel of 3 through my work experience and fully briefed of what to expect in this role. You have to know what you are talking about to be interviewed by a panel of 3 marketing experts who are passionate about their job and the INGRAM Micro brand as well as it's clients.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty much standard. I've kept an eye on this company knowing i wanted to be part of them

Predictive Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through online post.The whole process toke about 2 weeks. I went through 3 rounds of interviews: HR Screening, Phone interview then onsite with a project presentation.

HR did some screening about my education / work background and my salary expectations.

The phone interview was with the manager and some team members. They went through my resume and ask a few technical questions.

The final round was on- site. I interviewed with team members from different groups and they covered different questions from how you manage your task priority to some model related technical questions.

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Day after my interview, the HR called me and mentioned that they are interested in providing an offer to me.
    2 weeks after the interview, the HR mentioned they are waiting on few things but are interested in giving an offer
    After another 10 days, the HR mentioned they have gone with some one else.

I have never had such a terrible experience and communication from any company.
    There is nothing i can do about this now, but want people to know about my experience. How can such a large organization behave like this is beyond me.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

several phone and technical interviews
    You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience. On the day of the interview, dress appropriately and arrive early, calm and mentally prepared. And, most importantly, don’t forget to relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• what motivates you and some sort of technical questions about their current issues and projects.   1 Answer