Ingram Micro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingram Micro Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.9

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manil (Philippines)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Manil (Philippines)) in February 2015.

Interview

First is Initial Phone Interview once passed then the Technical Phone Interview by the technical lead and another for Panel Interview. Once passed then the Manager's Interview. Once passed then they offer the position

Product Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview

Interview for Sales Specialist in UK (Milton Keynes). Very drawn out process taking a total of 2 months, 1 phone interview and 2 face-to-face interviews. First face-to-face was with 2 from management and focused on what I knew of the manufacturer I would be representing and competency-based questioning as well as giving situations and how I would deal with them.

The 2nd face-to-face was with current Sales Specialist and the distribution manager from the manufacturer I would represent. Much more informal and focused on personality.

Phone interview to first face-to-face took 1 week, progressing to 2nd interview took 3 weeks and it was 1 month before I heard back about the results. 2nd interview was also cancelled by Ingram on 2 separate occasions before I managed to meet with them. Overall a poor experience and felt very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a potential customer who has had a previous bad experience with Ingram to do business with us again?   Answer Question

Market Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was not hard as long as you understand the industry and what they are truly looking for.
    Be yourself, research about the team, understand the business, and prepare for a lot of scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you went above and beyond?
      Tell me about a time where you had an angry customer, how did you resolve this issue?
      Can you name our mission statement?
      Why would you be a good candidate for this job?
      Answer Question

Predictive Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online and contacted by the recruiter for a screen interview. Honestly, I don't think several direct calls were appropriate, especially after I emailed her that I was not local and looking for other opportunities. She called several times and seems unprofessional.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Louisville, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

Casual interview. Interviewer seemed prepared for process and asked standard questions. I was introduced to other managers but this seemed to be more of a courtesy than an attempt to ask more questions. Interviewer was very honest about expectations and departmental goals and functions. He left no room for surprises once the job began.

Interview Questions

• Asked to detail previous work experiences and times of working with little to no supervision.   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the company website. Took approximately one month between applying online and getting a phone call from the recruiter. The recruiter(s) call from Wisconsin, so don't be thrown off from the 262 area code. The initial phone interview took about one hour, and she asked several behavioral interview questions, so practice your STAR answers. I was contacted a few days later to set up an in-person interview at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in February 2017. The in-person interview was on a Thursday and the manager that interviewed me made me feel welcome and relaxed (one of the best interviews I've experienced). She asked some standard interview questions. The interview lasted about an hour and a half, most of which was spent talking about the Ingram Micro business model. The manager was extremely helpful and informative!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself? What do you know about Ingram Micro? What do you know about the Support Rep position?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosebery, New South Wales (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Rosebery, New South Wales (Australia)) in December 2013.

Interview

interviews, asking questions and answers. checking references and then get an offer. reviews and submit. usual interviews questions. not that hard. just relax and think positive.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the recruiter, and then a web cam interview with two hiring managers. The hiring manager looked uninterested in what I had to say nor showed any emotions.The whole process was painful. The office looked very corporate and did not look like a good place to work at.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial with HR then after 2 days Final interview with the Manager. Then 1 week after the HR texted me for Contract Signing, no JO. I saw the offer on the contract itself. Thought I wouldn't make it but I did.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2013.

Interview

Disappointing
    Thank you for contributing to the community. Your opinion will help others make decisions about jobs and companies.
    An objective of this session could be to articulate a range of initiatives which we can trial / implement with a view to improving staff retention, especially key employees.
    A short slide presentation setting out the problem (if available, longitudinal demographics of resignations by location, gender, age groups, job designations, salary banks, details of new employer, reasons for resignation);