Ingram Micro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.9

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call from HR to schedule an interview. The first round was with the HR head, she asked the general questions about my profile and background. Next week, she scheduled a conference call with a predictive modeller and a senior person from analytics department. They didn't inform me of their decision until I got an automated reject three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• DO you know and have worked with Qualtrics?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience creating surveys in multiple languages using Qualtrics?   Answer Question
    • How much do you know of SQL? What is the difference between primary key and a foreign key? Where would you use 'where' and 'Having' clause ?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview

I was called within days of supplying my resume. Had trouble connecting with the the HR Manager. Phone interview (45 min). One or two behavioral questions. Otherwise straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a project that did not go well. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I had one phone interview in which they asked me a lot of questions regarding my experience. The phone interview ended with the recruiter telling me he would get back with me within a week to schedule the onsite interview. I never heard from him again, despite sending a follow up email a week and a half later.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingram Micro in August 2016.

Interview

My interview process with Ingram Micro was collectively negative in all aspects. From disorganization between the various interviewers, interviewers who seemed genuinely disinterested in conducting the interview, and VERY poor communication on the recruiter's part I would not recommend anyone to expect a speedy process while interviewing here. The entire process took 10+ weeks. Basically, it was a highly disorganized and unprofessional process that reflected poorly on what is suppose to be a great company.

First, I did a 45 minute phone interview in late-August with a recruiter followed by a approximately 1-hour phone interview with the would-be manager one week later. After an in-person interview was conducted 1.5 weeks following the second phone interview, there were 2 weeks of zero communication from the recruiter.

After reaching out several times, I was finally interviewed for a third time over the phone by another hiring manager for what was an 8-minute interview of a manager trying to get off the phone by informing me he would be giving me his recommendation. Shockingly, I received very little communication for approximately 3.5 weeks with responses including generic answers of "We still have not received word on this position". In addition, I had to reach out to the recruiter on numerous occasions to even receive that response.

After another 3.5 weeks I was told that I was a highly recommended candidate, however, the position for which I applied for was no longer supported in my region...? I was then referred to interview for another position with a different hiring manager and department. After very little communication and another poorly conducted in-person interview, I had to reach out to the recruiter on various occasions for weeks to receive any sort of update.

In summary, even if I was offered the position I would have decline. If this is how slow and disorganized a massive international organization works in recruitment, I cannot begin to imagine the egregious day-to-day for an employee.

Interview Questions

• Read off a script, generic interview questions. Spend most of the interview filling out their form and not engaging the candidate in any manner   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

First was a phone screen from someone in the HR dept then the 1on1 on-site. They asked a lot your typical interview questions and then they ask the technical questions to make sure you're "worthy" for a technical position. It's pretty average for the most part.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and by the end of a week had an 1:1 interview scheduled for the next Monday (my birthday, actually!). The first interview was with the group manager. That one seemed to go well, so she moved me on to the next (final) round interview. This was with 2 of the team's marketing managers. We spoke about my experience, why they like the company.
    Overall, it seemed like a pretty standard interview process, but the team over at Ingram really did a good job of making the whole process bearable. Even though it's nerve-wracking to go in to interview for a new job, no one gave off a hostile vibe.
    Unfortunately, a week after the final interview I got a call saying they had decided to go with another candidate. But I was very impressed by how quickly the process moved. Applied wednesday, interviewed monday, interviewed the next monday, and got the (unfortunate) call the next monday.

Interview Questions

• What will you miss the most about your current job?   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Marketing/Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewing process was very quick. Within a weeks time I sent resume, got phone interview, then face to face interview. It was a panel interview. I received a face to face interview time in an email. My interview was 3hrs later that same day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when Customer had a problem. How did you handle it   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

took 3 weeks. 2 interviews with manager and no HR meeting. They were very quick to select someone. I found later that this company is interested to hire and fire every other day. So, it is not a place to work and spend 8 hours a day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience   1 Answer

Market Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was not hard as long as you understand the industry and what they are truly looking for.
    Be yourself, research about the team, understand the business, and prepare for a lot of scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you went above and beyond?
      Tell me about a time where you had an angry customer, how did you resolve this issue?
      Can you name our mission statement?
      Why would you be a good candidate for this job?
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Buffalo, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was very impressed with the interview process, I had a phone interview first that lasted about 20 min, and a week later got called in for a face to face interview. It was very relaxed yet formal, i felt like I was having a conversation with a friend about a job. I was then told I would hear something within a week or two.