Ingram Micro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.9

Technical Support Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

First was a phone screen from someone in the HR dept then the 1on1 on-site. They asked a lot your typical interview questions and then they ask the technical questions to make sure you're "worthy" for a technical position. It's pretty average for the most part.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and by the end of a week had an 1:1 interview scheduled for the next Monday (my birthday, actually!). The first interview was with the group manager. That one seemed to go well, so she moved me on to the next (final) round interview. This was with 2 of the team's marketing managers. We spoke about my experience, why they like the company.
    Overall, it seemed like a pretty standard interview process, but the team over at Ingram really did a good job of making the whole process bearable. Even though it's nerve-wracking to go in to interview for a new job, no one gave off a hostile vibe.
    Unfortunately, a week after the final interview I got a call saying they had decided to go with another candidate. But I was very impressed by how quickly the process moved. Applied wednesday, interviewed monday, interviewed the next monday, and got the (unfortunate) call the next monday.

Interview Questions

• What will you miss the most about your current job?   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Marketing/Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewing process was very quick. Within a weeks time I sent resume, got phone interview, then face to face interview. It was a panel interview. I received a face to face interview time in an email. My interview was 3hrs later that same day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when Customer had a problem. How did you handle it   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

took 3 weeks. 2 interviews with manager and no HR meeting. They were very quick to select someone. I found later that this company is interested to hire and fire every other day. So, it is not a place to work and spend 8 hours a day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience   1 Answer

Market Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was not hard as long as you understand the industry and what they are truly looking for.
    Be yourself, research about the team, understand the business, and prepare for a lot of scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you went above and beyond?
      Tell me about a time where you had an angry customer, how did you resolve this issue?
      Can you name our mission statement?
      Why would you be a good candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Buffalo, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was very impressed with the interview process, I had a phone interview first that lasted about 20 min, and a week later got called in for a face to face interview. It was very relaxed yet formal, i felt like I was having a conversation with a friend about a job. I was then told I would hear something within a week or two.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter in a phone interview to prescreen me. Nothing too bad, just got to know me and told me more about the company. Then told me more about the position and the internship. Was given the time for the on-sight interview. Met with the manager and we talked mainly about my resume and more about the team.

Support Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was simple and straight forward. After applying through the company website, I was contacted to set up a phone interview. After making an appointment, the recruiter called right at the scheduled time, but I was expecting it to be from a local phone number, so it through me off for a minute when the call came from Wisconsin. The phone interview took about 20 minutes, and covered basic skills, past work experiences, and discussed what I was looking to get out of working here and why I chose Ingram Micro.

It was about 5 days later that I received a second call from Human Resourced to set up an in-person interview. I only had time available the day of the call to go in, and they were very accommodating. About 4 hours later I was sitting down with the hiring manager having my in-person interview. It was a standard interview, and they made it very relaxing, and explained a lot about the company and how much fun it is to work there. The interview went very well, and the longest part of the whole process was to get the actual offer.

Two weeks later, exactly, I received a phone call with an official offer. I couldn't have been happier, and the woman I spoke with was rather apologetic about how long it took to get back to me, but I didn't mind. With a company as big as Ingram Micro I expect things to take a bit longer than some. I have not started yet, but will be in 4 days, and I am very excited!

Everyone I dealt with has been very friendly, and willing to help with any questions I may have had.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you(I) have been presented with a difficult situation by a co-worker, and how you(I) dealt with it.   1 Answer

Maintenance Tech I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingram Micro in April 2016.

Interview

asked about experience reviewed my resume-phone interview said they would call me back after screening all candidates if I qualified for one on one interview.
    I received a call the same day to call back and set up a time to come in and interview

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have with troubleshooting equipment   Answer Question

Returns Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview

The interview was through a temp service.They piss-tested me, asked what I would like to be doing for work [which had nothing to do with warehouses] and then offered me a job at Ingram Micro. It is made fairly apparent that interviewees are simply money-per-head as there is a constant line of people all be offered similar positions.

Interview Questions

• "What would you like to be doing?"   1 Answer