Ingram Micro Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingram Micro in August 2016.

Interview

My interview process with Ingram Micro was collectively negative in all aspects. From disorganization between the various interviewers, interviewers who seemed genuinely disinterested in conducting the interview, and VERY poor communication on the recruiter's part I would not recommend anyone to expect a speedy process while interviewing here. The entire process took 10+ weeks. Basically, it was a highly disorganized and unprofessional process that reflected poorly on what is suppose to be a great company.

First, I did a 45 minute phone interview in late-August with a recruiter followed by a approximately 1-hour phone interview with the would-be manager one week later. After an in-person interview was conducted 1.5 weeks following the second phone interview, there were 2 weeks of zero communication from the recruiter.

After reaching out several times, I was finally interviewed for a third time over the phone by another hiring manager for what was an 8-minute interview of a manager trying to get off the phone by informing me he would be giving me his recommendation. Shockingly, I received very little communication for approximately 3.5 weeks with responses including generic answers of "We still have not received word on this position". In addition, I had to reach out to the recruiter on numerous occasions to even receive that response.

After another 3.5 weeks I was told that I was a highly recommended candidate, however, the position for which I applied for was no longer supported in my region...? I was then referred to interview for another position with a different hiring manager and department. After very little communication and another poorly conducted in-person interview, I had to reach out to the recruiter on various occasions for weeks to receive any sort of update.

In summary, even if I was offered the position I would have decline. If this is how slow and disorganized a massive international organization works in recruitment, I cannot begin to imagine the egregious day-to-day for an employee.

Interview Questions

• Read off a script, generic interview questions. Spend most of the interview filling out their form and not engaging the candidate in any manner   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ingram Micro

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Buffalo, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was very impressed with the interview process, I had a phone interview first that lasted about 20 min, and a week later got called in for a face to face interview. It was very relaxed yet formal, i felt like I was having a conversation with a friend about a job. I was then told I would hear something within a week or two.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person interview with the hiring manager. Was told that there would be a second peer to peer interview but was called the next day as the chosen candidate.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Berlin (Germany)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very pleased to be able to create a new app for beginners and I would like to be an salesperson. It was an important part of my life and I could be happy with this job. Furthermore the section is very relevant to me and my friends so it was fine

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview

2 rounds and you are through! not difficult questions as they are pretty standard questions. just have to be honest and sincere in your answers. of course, you will need to be prepared for questions on why, what and how you intend to succeed here.