Ingram Micro Interview Questions in Williamsville, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.9

Channel Account Specialist L Or Ll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Great experience interviewing with Ingram Micro. Security guard was very friendly and gave some details on how things work in the building. Interviewers were friendly and respectful, a pleasure to be with as I was cross interviewed by 2 hiring managers. On a scale of difficulty from 0-5, I would say a 2.5. Questions were mostly regular but they liked to throw in random questions which was refreshing to hear. No offer as I am still interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, something other than we can see on the resume.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Ingram Micro?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
    • Why should we pick you above other candidates?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the position you are applying for?   Answer Question
    • Do you know any friends or family that work here?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what vendors we work with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time that you had to convene information to an audience?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you weren't a part of a project but then you had to take over and complete it.   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the company website. Took approximately one month between applying online and getting a phone call from the recruiter. The recruiter(s) call from Wisconsin, so don't be thrown off from the 262 area code. The initial phone interview took about one hour, and she asked several behavioral interview questions, so practice your STAR answers. I was contacted a few days later to set up an in-person interview at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in February 2017. The in-person interview was on a Thursday and the manager that interviewed me made me feel welcome and relaxed (one of the best interviews I've experienced). She asked some standard interview questions. The interview lasted about an hour and a half, most of which was spent talking about the Ingram Micro business model. The manager was extremely helpful and informative!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself? What do you know about Ingram Micro? What do you know about the Support Rep position?   Answer Question

Market Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was not hard as long as you understand the industry and what they are truly looking for.
    Be yourself, research about the team, understand the business, and prepare for a lot of scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you went above and beyond?
      Tell me about a time where you had an angry customer, how did you resolve this issue?
      Can you name our mission statement?
      Why would you be a good candidate for this job?
      Answer Question

Support Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was simple and straight forward. After applying through the company website, I was contacted to set up a phone interview. After making an appointment, the recruiter called right at the scheduled time, but I was expecting it to be from a local phone number, so it through me off for a minute when the call came from Wisconsin. The phone interview took about 20 minutes, and covered basic skills, past work experiences, and discussed what I was looking to get out of working here and why I chose Ingram Micro.

It was about 5 days later that I received a second call from Human Resourced to set up an in-person interview. I only had time available the day of the call to go in, and they were very accommodating. About 4 hours later I was sitting down with the hiring manager having my in-person interview. It was a standard interview, and they made it very relaxing, and explained a lot about the company and how much fun it is to work there. The interview went very well, and the longest part of the whole process was to get the actual offer.

Two weeks later, exactly, I received a phone call with an official offer. I couldn't have been happier, and the woman I spoke with was rather apologetic about how long it took to get back to me, but I didn't mind. With a company as big as Ingram Micro I expect things to take a bit longer than some. I have not started yet, but will be in 4 days, and I am very excited!

Everyone I dealt with has been very friendly, and willing to help with any questions I may have had.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you(I) have been presented with a difficult situation by a co-worker, and how you(I) dealt with it.   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Interview

There's an initial phone interview, then if you pass that they will bring you in the office for a second interview. The work culture is good and the people are great.d

Interview Questions

• They will ask you in depth questions related to your area of expertise   Answer Question

Negotiation

They make an offer, and you do have a chance to counter

Business Analyst, Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through the University's job portal. Got a call from the HR to schedule the initial phone screen. Then, went on to a second phone screen. Then, was given an excel based case study to solve and present using power point. Finally, had the onsite interview. Consisted of questions on resume, why you are interested in a career with Ingram Micro.

Support Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a good interview first a phone interview then a in house interview then they sent me the offer.
    It was pretty straight forward and because she needed me to fill the position quick she hired me quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, she was very helpful and seemed sincere about helping me get a position with the company. My first onsite interview lasted approximately an hour, I was not offered the position. I followed up with the recruiter to find out how long before I could interview again and she set me up with another interview for another onsite interview with a different department. Again, I was not offered the position. Guess it was not meant to be.

Interview Questions

• Tel me about a time you proposed an idea that was implemented   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

It was overall an easy interview. I waited in the lobby until the dept manager came to get me and the interview took place in a conference room. She was friendly and easy going. The phone interview over prepared me for the in person interview.

Phone interview - 30 minutes
    In person interview- 30 minutes

Market Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY).

Interview

Applied on the IM website, phone interview with a 3rd party hr company, pass the info to the recruiter at IM, in-person interview with hiring manager &hr with computer/personality test on day of interview, 7-10 personal references online review, educational check, background check