Ingram Micro Interview Questions in Williamsville, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website, then they contacted me for a phone interview, then an in person interview with a few managers. Overall, the best interview I have ever been on.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview went good what happened after the interview did not. The interview lasted for 30 mins. I interviewed with the manager over the customer service department. She was very friendly and asked behavioral what would you do questions. They followed up with me about 3 days later and offered me the position which I accepted. I was then instructed to take a background and drug screen. I took the drug screen and the results were negative dilute so they made me take it again. The second drug screen was negative. They received my background check back and I was told everything looked good then I received a call asking for a manager reference which they never asked me for before. They only previously asked for coworker references. Beware working for this company it is not worth the hassle the whole process took a whole month of my time and since I had no manager reference they rescinded the job offer.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the company website. Took approximately one month between applying online and getting a phone call from the recruiter. The recruiter(s) call from Wisconsin, so don't be thrown off from the 262 area code. The initial phone interview took about one hour, and she asked several behavioral interview questions, so practice your STAR answers. I was contacted a few days later to set up an in-person interview at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in February 2017. The in-person interview was on a Thursday and the manager that interviewed me made me feel welcome and relaxed (one of the best interviews I've experienced). She asked some standard interview questions. The interview lasted about an hour and a half, most of which was spent talking about the Ingram Micro business model. The manager was extremely helpful and informative!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself? What do you know about Ingram Micro? What do you know about the Support Rep position?   Answer Question

Market Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was not hard as long as you understand the industry and what they are truly looking for.
    Be yourself, research about the team, understand the business, and prepare for a lot of scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you went above and beyond?
      Tell me about a time where you had an angry customer, how did you resolve this issue?
      Can you name our mission statement?
      Why would you be a good candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Support Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was simple and straight forward. After applying through the company website, I was contacted to set up a phone interview. After making an appointment, the recruiter called right at the scheduled time, but I was expecting it to be from a local phone number, so it through me off for a minute when the call came from Wisconsin. The phone interview took about 20 minutes, and covered basic skills, past work experiences, and discussed what I was looking to get out of working here and why I chose Ingram Micro.

It was about 5 days later that I received a second call from Human Resourced to set up an in-person interview. I only had time available the day of the call to go in, and they were very accommodating. About 4 hours later I was sitting down with the hiring manager having my in-person interview. It was a standard interview, and they made it very relaxing, and explained a lot about the company and how much fun it is to work there. The interview went very well, and the longest part of the whole process was to get the actual offer.

Two weeks later, exactly, I received a phone call with an official offer. I couldn't have been happier, and the woman I spoke with was rather apologetic about how long it took to get back to me, but I didn't mind. With a company as big as Ingram Micro I expect things to take a bit longer than some. I have not started yet, but will be in 4 days, and I am very excited!

Everyone I dealt with has been very friendly, and willing to help with any questions I may have had.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you(I) have been presented with a difficult situation by a co-worker, and how you(I) dealt with it.   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Interview

There's an initial phone interview, then if you pass that they will bring you in the office for a second interview. The work culture is good and the people are great.d

Interview Questions

• They will ask you in depth questions related to your area of expertise   Answer Question

Negotiation

They make an offer, and you do have a chance to counter

Business Analyst, Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through the University's job portal. Got a call from the HR to schedule the initial phone screen. Then, went on to a second phone screen. Then, was given an excel based case study to solve and present using power point. Finally, had the onsite interview. Consisted of questions on resume, why you are interested in a career with Ingram Micro.

Support Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a good interview first a phone interview then a in house interview then they sent me the offer.
    It was pretty straight forward and because she needed me to fill the position quick she hired me quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, she was very helpful and seemed sincere about helping me get a position with the company. My first onsite interview lasted approximately an hour, I was not offered the position. I followed up with the recruiter to find out how long before I could interview again and she set me up with another interview for another onsite interview with a different department. Again, I was not offered the position. Guess it was not meant to be.

Interview Questions

• Tel me about a time you proposed an idea that was implemented   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

It was overall an easy interview. I waited in the lobby until the dept manager came to get me and the interview took place in a conference room. She was friendly and easy going. The phone interview over prepared me for the in person interview.

Phone interview - 30 minutes