Initiative Assistant Media Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Initiative Assistant Media Planner Interview Questions

Interviews at Initiative

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Initiative (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very quick and straightforward interview process. Had an HR phone screening for first stage then was brought in for a 2 on 1 interview with various teams a few weeks later. Asked questions 50% of the time and interviewers explained more of job duties versus asking about my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in working at an advertising agency?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Initiative

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR to assess potential fit, in-person interview with HR (more indepth than phone interview), math assessment, interview with 2 potential accounts (2 1-1 interviews per account); overall the in-person interview took approximately 4 hours (30 minutes per interviewer, 30 min for math assessment; 30 minutes for HR interview, plus wait time in between)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a basic interview. Tell me about yourself, etc. Next step in the process was going to their headquarters in New York where I had a 4 hour interview with 4 different accounts I could potentially be working on and a total of 8 people. Long day, but very informative! Waiting to hear back now.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Initiative.

Interview

Got the interview through a current friend working there. HR called me and did a phone interview- she had no idea what she was doing and no joke asked the same question only slightly differently worded in less than one minute. Then when I was told the team wanted to see me in person, she sent me to the wrong floor. That was awkward. HR is incompetent here.

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiations...

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Initiative.

Interview

I did both the phone and the in-person interview within one week. Interviewees were friendly and there weren't any tricky or surprising questions. They wanted to get to know me and all of them seemed intelligent and motivated. The office was stunning and the agency seemed up-to-date in emphasizing collaboration among employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

One of the worst HR experiences I've ever had to go through. I got scheduled for an in-person interview at their New York office. Everything was unprofessional, disoriented, and unplanned. I didn't meet with half the people I was supposed to meet, I did not meet with any of the HR reps I was in contact with prior to going into the office, and I still haven't heard back from anyone from the HR department despite a follow-up email after the interview. Way to waste everyone's time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

straight forward. one phone call and two in-office visits. met with hr, team supervisor, and directors. this was back at the old office. just walking around the office, i could tell there wasn't much company spirit and i was proven right when i later joined the team

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Interview

It was a rather streamlined and simple interview process. I was first phone screened by their HR generalist and then brought in for an in-person interview where I met both the VP and Digital Supervisor. Very standard questions, nothing out-of-the-blue or terribly difficult. I was presented with an offer in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Initiative (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I submitted an inquiry email with my cover letter and resume. A few weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter from the Los Angeles office for the Assistant Media Planner position for the Best Western account. I did a phone interview with her a few days later, which went great. She scheduled a face-to-face interview with the Senior Media Planner and Account Director. I thought the interview went okay. They were very friendly. Afterwards, the recruiter came back in to let me know they had more interviews and they would make a decision by that Friday and she'd get back to me. Well, after two weeks of waiting (I didn't want to be pushy), I finally emailed the recruiter to see what was the status of the position. After another week, she finally replied and said that the position was on hold.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your spare time that relates to this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Initiative (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

HR was unorganized. Did not confirm interview time/dates until the very last minute. Did not return phone calls/emails.

The media teams I interviewed with were much more professional. They were easy to talk to and I felt comfortable during the entire interview. I was not offered a position, but I think that was due to my lack of knowledge about the job. Do your researcch!