Initiative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.5

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and one in person interview. Math test and tour of office. The HR team is extremely friendly and comforting.
    The office is amazing and they kindly offered free coffee when I was done to make me feel like I already worked there.

Media Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Initiative.

Interview

A phone interview with the HR person first, then scheduled the 1 on 1 interview with different teams on the same day. It was very efficient and productive. Then the HR came back to me with their decision pretty fast.

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Initiative.

Interview

I was referred by someone in the company. Recruiter reached out to me for an initial interview. Was pretty in depth for the first interview. I was invited into the office. I interviewed with 4 individuals in the office. Sent them thank you notes 2 business days later.

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Initiative (San Diego, CA).

Interview

This was mainly an introductory interview that was over the phone and last about 20 minutes. I spoke with an HR representative and I was asked the standard first-interview questions:

Tell me about yourself.
    Why do you want to go into advertising?
    Why do you want to work at Initiative specifically?

There were a few questions about some specific job experience that was pulled from my resume so people may need to be prepared for that as well. My interviewer was very nice and she was able to keep the conversation professional while allowing each of us to display some personality. Always a plus if you can show you have one.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your specific achievements related to advertising?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

One of the worst HR experiences I've ever had to go through. I got scheduled for an in-person interview at their New York office. Everything was unprofessional, disoriented, and unplanned. I didn't meet with half the people I was supposed to meet, I did not meet with any of the HR reps I was in contact with prior to going into the office, and I still haven't heard back from anyone from the HR department despite a follow-up email after the interview. Way to waste everyone's time.

Assistant Digital Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Initiative (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple interview. Met with 3 different teams, all had different personalities. Most were nice, and really explained what the teams do on a day to do. They are very convincing and seemed excited about the positions. They encourage that you ask questions. HR who recruited me was really excited for me and was rooting me on. Overall, a good experience.

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Initiative in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their career website and they got back to me the next day to schedule a one on one phone interview with HR. I then had four 30 minute Skype interviews with 4 different teams with about 3 people from each team. HR continued to look for the best placement for me whether it was media buying or media planning. They tell you upfront that the pay is only $30K a year non-negotiable.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Sent in application, was scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter a couple of days later. The call went well, and the next day I was scheduled for an in person interview. They called with the offer a couple of hours after the in person interview, and I accepted. They were going through a "hiring blitz" apparently, which is why the process was so quick.

Interview Questions

• They were very general questions about background, what you have done up to that point. Some questions to see how interested you are in advertising also will come up.The interview was done by two members of the team that had the open position. There was also a math part, but if you fail it then you shouldn't be working there anyway (you even get a calculator, but I didn't need it).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR to assess potential fit, in-person interview with HR (more indepth than phone interview), math assessment, interview with 2 potential accounts (2 1-1 interviews per account); overall the in-person interview took approximately 4 hours (30 minutes per interviewer, 30 min for math assessment; 30 minutes for HR interview, plus wait time in between)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a basic interview. Tell me about yourself, etc. Next step in the process was going to their headquarters in New York where I had a 4 hour interview with 4 different accounts I could potentially be working on and a total of 8 people. Long day, but very informative! Waiting to hear back now.