InnerWorkings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.5

Entry-level Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InnerWorkings (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted within a week after applying online. A very professionally conducted in-person interview. Welcoming and friendly environment, interested in my work and how I responded to tough projects. Asked me great questions and was very clear about company expectations. They even gave me a tour to show me the kind of projects I would be taking on! Interview was an hour long. I was impressed by the entire process and the staff I interviewed with. Everyone was super supportive and kind.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever received a project with very little instruction? What was the project and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself, questions about your previous role/experience, (mine happened to be student)   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InnerWorkings in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and went through the typical screening process. However, I had thought it was a good phone screening. The person assured me they would follow-up the next week. I sent a follow-up email to say thank you and just never heard back. I checked jobvite to see the status and it said 'closed'. So, thanks for taking the time to let me know; nothing beats having to play the waiting game. Common and professional courtesy go a long way, and it would have been nice to at least get an email saying, 'hey, sorry you were not selected'.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave? What skillsets do you think you have that would benefit this role, etc.?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InnerWorkings (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard just had to meet with hr and the hiring managers. No technical questions mostly just discussing resume material and past experiences. They were not very prepared and seemed to just ask questions off the top of their head.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InnerWorkings (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was speedy and amazing ! Corporate recruiter is an amazing person to talk to and definitely very friendly. She was helpful throughout the process. I had a initial phone screening and after that another phone interview with the manager who I will be working with. After two phone rounds, I was called in the office for the final round where I met 4 people. It was a great experience and made me feel comfortable throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• It was a lot of talking about my past work experience and what I am looking in future. Many behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InnerWorkings.

Interview

Disjointed. No organizational structure - they would tell me to interview one place and switch it the next day. Junior employees were interviewing me; i never once met with HR. It was a complete joke.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at InnerWorkings.

Interview

The interview process only took a few weeks. I met with the HR contact and then the following week met with the Sales Manager.Overall, the Interview process went very smoothly. The HR team was always great at responding to all my emails. I was hired within 2 weeks of having my interview.

Interview Questions

• basic interview questions. Knowledge of the company is a plus.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at InnerWorkings (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and she sent my resume over to the Director. Had an interview within the next week. Met with the Direct, HR manager, and a financial analyst. The interview was more of a conversation than back and forth question and answer. Took over a month to hear back any news about the position.

Interview Questions

• Q: What famous person would play you in a movie about your life?   Answer Question

Direct Mail Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InnerWorkings (Memphis, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter on a Friday after work, in-person interview a week later, offer letter in hand the next day! The onboarding process from HR was excellent - very thorough and communicative. The whole process was very easy, a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions about experience, explain a project you worked on from start to finish, etc.   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InnerWorkings (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

a quick phone call, another phone call, then another. They never checked my references, nor my resume. They were shocked to learn I was a senior person that managed data entry. I think they are just happy to get a warm body in a seat. You don't make it, fine, get out, we will get another warm body. I was never interviewed in person

Interview Questions

• tell us about a fun project you worked on   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InnerWorkings (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume (maybe cover letter also) through an online job search engine and someone contacted me later to do an over the phone interview from another office. I then had a second interview, also over the phone, with an upper level manager. I was a bit taken aback, more insulted really, that that manager said I was "too junior" for the role. I graduated from a top 10 university and have impressive experience (others' words, not mine), and a grad degree (that was not on my resume), but was looking to get my foot in the door. South Florida also only has low-skilled jobs for high school graduates unless you want to go into finance. I am also an Outlook pro and can file, of course. If this interviewer was reflective of the overall company management, I would say that this is not the place for over-achievers who think outside the box. I never heard back. I have another job with a billion dollar company, so I guess it worked out.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience with filing and drafting emails?   Answer Question