InnerWorkings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InnerWorkings (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

45-minute phone interview with a recruiter then 90 minute in-person interview with various members of the team, very simple & streamlined process, all teams were incredibly helpful in showcasing the culture

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions (Tell me about yourself, etc), laid-back and very conversational-based   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at InnerWorkings (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Take-home coding assignment.
    2. Short phone screen (nothing in-depth -- define terms etc.).
    3. So far so good? (which is sadly rare)...
    4. Bring them in. ~3-4 hours with 3-4 panels of 1-3 persons each.

Interview Questions

• Unboxing vs unboxing. Design patterns (name some, describe example applications, implement in pseudocode.   1 Answer

IT Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at InnerWorkings (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with their in-house recruiter, and then went in for an in-person interview. I met with a variety of members from the IT department. They asked your typical help desk position type questions, and said they would be in touch. I never heard from them afterwards. It seemed like a nice place, but they should have the decency to at least reach out and say I didn't get the position. Seems like they have a good IT team in place though.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at InnerWorkings (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Unprofessional.

The recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn asking if I was open to the opportunity. I am currently open in exploring other opportunities and had multiple discussions with the recruiter. The recruiter used to work at my current company and was blasting my current company, some true, some sounded like a bitter ex significant other.

Anyways, after two phone calls, they asked for my resume, which I supplied right away and then I never heard from them again. I know other contacts who shared this same experience with this company and recruiter.

It seemed as they are grasping for straws trying to get people to come work there, but please don't waste my time and others by having conversations, asking for resumes, only to disappear off the face of the earth.

I feel a lot can be said a company by the actions and honestly of their employees. Maybe they didn't like me after seeing my resume for some reason, but it's basically the same as my LinkedIn profile, so they knew what they were getting into. Either way, if they don't want me, that is fine, just let me know and lets not waste each other's time.

Interview Questions

• None, they gave very generic descriptions of the job in question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at InnerWorkings (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Very basic interview. No crazy questions asked. Be sure to sell yourself and be personable

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Pretty simple and straightforward. Phone interview first, just as a screen. Very easy questions to get in the door. If you pass, you are brought to Chicago to interview with the recruiters and sales managers. Relatively easy, no unexpected questions - although some managers and HR personnel are hard to connect with so don't take it personal.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InnerWorkings in May 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter Eric then in person interview with the uber awesome, but also demanding Lindsey. Received offer that day.

Negotiation

I chose not to negotiate the salary was set as I understood it

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InnerWorkings (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very organized, had a phone screen with the recruiter and then she brought me in to meet with upper management. Everyone was great when giving insight regarding the role and the outlook for the company.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InnerWorkings in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and went through the typical screening process. However, I had thought it was a good phone screening. The person assured me they would follow-up the next week. I sent a follow-up email to say thank you and just never heard back. I checked jobvite to see the status and it said 'closed'. So, thanks for taking the time to let me know; nothing beats having to play the waiting game. Common and professional courtesy go a long way, and it would have been nice to at least get an email saying, 'hey, sorry you were not selected'.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave? What skillsets do you think you have that would benefit this role, etc.?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InnerWorkings (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume (maybe cover letter also) through an online job search engine and someone contacted me later to do an over the phone interview from another office. I then had a second interview, also over the phone, with an upper level manager. I was a bit taken aback, more insulted really, that that manager said I was "too junior" for the role. I graduated from a top 10 university and have impressive experience (others' words, not mine), and a grad degree (that was not on my resume), but was looking to get my foot in the door. South Florida also only has low-skilled jobs for high school graduates unless you want to go into finance. I am also an Outlook pro and can file, of course. If this interviewer was reflective of the overall company management, I would say that this is not the place for over-achievers who think outside the box. I never heard back. I have another job with a billion dollar company, so I guess it worked out.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience with filing and drafting emails?   Answer Question