Innosight Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

3.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Innosight (Lexington, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

For the second round interview, you get a case packet and have to work with 1-2 other interviewees while an interviewer is observing you in the room. Stress a lot on collaboration.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Innosight (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

First round was on-campus; two cases with zero behavioral questions. Cases were less math-based than other consulting firms, were more about brainstorming and creatively assessing potential factors for certain products/services - it was a pretty wide-ranging discussion that was a lot less intimidating than more formal cases.

Second round was in the office and was pretty bizarre - a group interview in which several of us worked on a case together for 2.5 hours while an employee sat in the back of the room and observed, and then presented our analysis and recommendations to three employees. This interview wasn't pleasant because in a group interview one person can so take over the discussion and make it really difficult for others to get a word in edgewise, even if that vocal person's ideas aren't the best ones. Obviously this mimics working in a group setting, but in my opinion this is a good way to discover who *not* to hire rather than who to hire. After that group process, one short case-style interview in the same style as the first rounds with a senior employee.

Over the whole process, almost zero behavioral questions were asked, which felt really strange. I didn't feel like the company knew me as a person, and I didn't feel like I knew them either.

Interview Questions

• Here's a thick case packet - work with a group for 2.5 hours to answer four key questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Innosight (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

The early stages of the hiring process were pleasant and the firm representatives were friednly and eager to share info about the firm. They were especially clear about saying that Innosight is a creative firm that focuses on innovation, refecting the fact that they were co-founded by HBS Prof. Clayton Christensen (who coined disruptive innovation).

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Innosight (Lexington, MA).

Interview

High level strategy cases focusing on top line growth and innovation. Process was very extensive. Two, 45 min phone interviews (case+fit). Was invited for the final round within a week. Final round consisted of multiple one on one interviews (two with partners).

Fantastic process. Appreciated their concerted efforts to make me comfortable and really make me understand the kind of work they do. The experience during the final round convinced me that this was the firm for me!

Interview Questions

• All interviews were case+fit. Cases focused on growth strategy. Creativity is encouraged.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Babson Park, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Innosight (Babson Park, MA).

Interview

It was an OCR interview. The first 30 min interview was a fit interview, asking about your ideas for innovation and how you would go about solving large problems.

The second interview was a case where they gave you extremely limited information and wanted you to come up with solutions more than how you would go about solving the problem.

Interview Questions

• They gave you a 3D puzzle to attempt.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Innosight (Lexington, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through school career center website and received an email from the recruiting manager a few weeks later. I had two phone interviews and a 5 hour case interview (involved working with another candidate interviewing for a different position--Associate) at the office that reflected the project progression at Innosight.

Interview Questions

• I received a deck to look through and prepare thoughts on before actually presenting recommendations during the interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Innosight (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone screening, which took about 30 minutes. I had two more 30-45 min. phone interviews which were part case, part fit. I was told by an employee I knew at the firm not to prepare very structured responses or use specific frameworks (think Case in Point). The case on the first interview was about a company trying to test a new idea very quickly and for very little money and how they should go about it. The second interview was about a more traditional healthcare case, and I did feel that being more familiar with traditional frameworks was what they were expecting.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Innosight (Lexington, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

First round interview are two back to back interviews, one is fit and one is a case.

Second round is an all-day onsite interview that is 20% fit and 80% case work. The case will be sent to you prior to interview day, and there will independent as well as group work on the case.

Interview Questions

• What organization structures would you need to change to implement this idea?   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Innosight (Lexington, MA).

Interview

Interview process was easy. I met 4 senior folks for 45 minutes each and they all left me time to ask questions. The office is state of the art and has a cool vibe to it. Everyone I met was very friendly and candidate about their experience.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced at a previous position? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy! They worked with me and we had all the details set in 48 hours. Everyone was very responsive.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Innosight (Lexington, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

In order to really begin the process, you need to go through a screening call process. I knew going in it would be difficult since I wasn't from Harvard or MIT. The company seems to recruit very like minded people...almost cookie cutter. If you fall outside that, good luck. Just take a look at their website and the team profiles. I understand the need for screening interviews but I would have liked a chance for an in person interview. So much more can be learned from both sides. In the end, I'm fine with how it turned out.

Interview Questions

• Case Study questions: Company X has a line of products that is no longer selling very well. What would you suggest we do to help them determine what is going wrong?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your prior experience and most interesting work to date?   Answer Question