Inogen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Inogen (Richardson, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied ,online, and waited a few days. I received an email stating that my application was incomplete, completed it, and received a call from one of the sales managers a couple of days later. The sales manager was extremely friendly, and very transparent about the position and the company. I was asked back for an in person interview a couple of days later where I met with 2 sales managers. They asked standard questions about sales, and were both very personable.
    I read over the interview reviews here on glassdoor, and they were very accurate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They pay a base salary of 30k and the rest is up to you. Their goals seem very attainable, and I appreciated that they gave me a reasonable timeline of when I can expect to start earning commissions.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inogen (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied on indeed. HR phone screen a week later. Panel interview via webcam set up two weeks in. Interview seemed very disorganized with no agenda. Felt very unprofessional with interviewees in jeans and shorts. Felt as if it was a chore for them to interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a project you worked on. How did you tackle it?   Answer Question

Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Inogen (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Series of basic questions, Everyone gets through the door. No one is really turned down. Process very un-professional. You are required to start as floor sales rep. PHONE, one on one-or two on one. VERY basic, rude.

Interview Questions

• What is your back round? Have you been an inside sales person before?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Inogen (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Straight forward, normal sales interview, standard questions were asked Panel interview with sales manager and floor manager.
    Friendly environment, tour of entire in house operations
    Friendly environment, tour of entire in house operations

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inogen (Richardson, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

First a phone interview with either a sales admin or a manager. Then they schedule a face to face interview with 2 of the Sales Managers at the office. They call you back within the week to let you know if you are hired. Then the training class starts within the next month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Interview

The recruiter stood me up for two phone interviews. Finally, I had to call her after she was 15 min late for the 3rd phone interview. I met with two managers who looked like they hated their jobs. Neither were really welcoming. The recruiter then sent me an hour long test literally the day of the interview to complete before.

Interview Questions

• What are you daily routines on your current role? General basic questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Inogen (Richardson, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied to posting on LinkedIn. A couple days later I was screened by their HR-Coordinator. He verified that I met the requirements of the job and the company met my minimum requirements. The CFO interviewed me by phone and then in person a week later with the CEO. I was kept updated the entire way. Great experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Due to the process, there was no negotiation. They knew my expectations and offered to meet all of them.

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inogen (Cleveland, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I saw a different person than who I was told i would see. I explained to him that I knew Inogen as I worked with the company for many years as a lung doctor and knew not only how good their product was but also how happy my patients were with this product!

Interview Questions

• I explained to the person that as a pulmonologist (lung doctor) that I had used Inogen exclusively as it was the best on the market! The tank only weighs 2.8 pounds and the majority of my patients could easily carry it and they didn't have a steel tank on a cart to drag around or put in the trunk which is a problem living in /Cleveland, Ohio especially with our winters and snowfall. When I heard back they said that I did not have any retail experience? I said every day I was selling their equipment to the very clients that they are now selling to, but to no avail. I spoke to a person again several weeks later and I was told to get a job in retail and reapply in six months! I see their adds on my computer very frequently and replied as I feel i would an ideal sales person and I was told that I already applied!! I can't figure out how they make the decision on who to hire but they lost an experienced sales person?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inogen (Richardson, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

phone interview, then in person with two hiring managers. questions not difficult. Managers asked about my sales experience and if i had any healthcare experience. after i got the offer it was nearly a month before the next training class. Asked about how i work within a team environment, and how was i with working over the phone with the senior demographic.

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult, just basic why do you want to work for us, how did you hear about us.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no neg. base salary plus commission with company set monthly goals

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Inogen (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Relaxed interviewer with easy going questions. I never felt overly anxious in the interview, but you do have to go in prepared for sales-related questions. The whole process was very fast. After completing my application I was interviewed twice within days.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to sell? What kind of sales goals did you have at your last position?   Answer Question