Inogen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Inogen

2.4

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inogen (Richardson, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Started out by applying for the job on their career website through a posting on LinkedIn. After that, I was contacted by the guy who became my direct manager for a phone interview. Phone screen took about 30 minutes and was rather generic. After that, I was then contacted for a face to face interview. The face to face interview was with 3 managers, which I was prepared for ahead of time. Some of the questions were similar to ones in the phone screen. Most of them were asked by the manager who wound up being the trainer once we got into the training class. After that, I was notified that I had the job, was emailed offer letter, details on starting date and benefits, and a copy of the commission plan that I was to sign and send back. Pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time in a job where you didn't know how to handle a particularly difficult situation, how you overcame that struggle, and what you learned from the experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the base salary, and the commission compensation plan is lucrative enough that there was no need to negotiate for that.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inogen (Richardson, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a quick process where I spoke about my previous jobs and how I believe that they have prepared me to be able to handle this job. It was an interview with two managers and the both would ask questions about your previous job, decisions you made in certain situations, etc...

Interview Questions

• How did what you did previously compare to what you would be doing at Inogen.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Inogen (Richardson, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

They used 2 on 1 interview strategies; relaxed atmosphere; very serious questions, they make sure that you have cognitive skills for the position. Its also important to showcase that you are an independent thinker

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inogen.

Interview

The interviews are always with two managers. They ask very basic, yet individualized questions based on your personal experience. Specifically, they will zero in on specific skills and and experiences from your resume. The managers are very thorough interviewers, and always look for enthusiastic, top-performing, and personable candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Inogen?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked what my base salary requirements, but there really is no negotiating it. All reps start at $30,000 base. I was satisfied with the base because the commission structure is excellent.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inogen (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Ready questions off of an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper and wrote down my answers. It was 7 minutes long. Very easy interview. I don't think you should take this job but the interview is easy.

Referal Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Inogen (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in person one with the national sales director and one with the VP of sales and then a face to face with national Sales Director

Negotiation

I did not have one their offer was fair as far as I knew at the time

Patient Technical Service Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inogen.

Interview

Applied on indeed, 5 days later got a call asking to come in for an interview the next day. I had to ask my current employer if i could come in late, in order to make the scheduled time. It was a panel interview, with 3 other candidates with two hiring managers. Only myself and another candidate had health industry experience, the other two didnt seem to have much cust svc experience, let alone the qualifications. There was another panel interview scheduled later that after noon. So i assumed i had to beat out at least 6 other candidates, being that i deduced they only had two openings. I came in dressed to impress. One of my fellow candidates not only came off as mal-mannered for one undergoing a 1 hour interview, but also had no problems stating to everyone that he basically only had the interview because his mum worked in a different dept. and had reffered him. After a series of questions, and each of us answering like we were on some weird game show, the interview was over. Later that afternoon, i received a call from one of the hiring managers asking me my desired salary. I thought this was a good sign and asked what they were offering, she quickly retorts with "well how much are you currently making?" (An illegal q i might add) after a brief discussion telling her my minimum, i added that i was open for negotiation. She said she'd get with hr and follow up on friday. (They said the latest we'd hear anything was Monday) i patiently waited on Friday and no call. Thinking perhaps they're still deciding or just got busy, i didn't call until Monday. Several calls, and nothing. Left a vmail, still nothing. .. by 530 i just assumed that had only did i not get the job, but either lost it to nepotism, or salary negotiation. (They're most likely only willing to offer 30k) nonetheless, ill never know, because they didn't have the bloody common courtesy to even tell me, either call or email, that i wasn't selected. .

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest attribute   1 Answer

Interview

Had the interview and I was told that I would hear back from the interview manager in about a week to let me know if I would or would not get the position. I haven't heard anything back but I have heard from others that were interviewed for one of the three openings for the position that I interviewed for and they all have been contacted weeks later and may get the job. My only concern is that there has been no communication with myself after being told that I would hear something even if it was something saying that I didn't get the job. Communication is the main issue that I've noticed with this company.

Interview Questions

• If I would be willing to work more hours as it is needed and meet quota required by the department?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Inogen.

Interview

It's an "old school" interview. Drilling you with the typical questions about your sales style and the "what would you do" type of questions. Practice some scenarios that involved sales, working with customers, ways of overcoming a negative situation, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were given negative objection from a customer and how did you turn it into a positive outcome?   Answer Question

Inside Medical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Inogen (Richardson, TX).

Interview

A senior recruiter contacted me to schedule an interview with a Sales Manager at their Richardson location. From the time I was contacted until the scheduled interview was under 24 hours.