Inogen Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

0.0

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Inogen (Goleta, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Went to Goleta for an executive position which ended up being a group interview with the CEO, 3 founders, ops VP and HR lead. An absolutely appalling interview setting. Only the CEO appeared to have spent any time preparing. The rest were unprepared and unprofessional. While I quite liked the CEO, the founders clearly lacked any real business acumen. The CFO founder seemed to have a very large chip on her shoulder. She had the overconfidence of someone who seemed to always have to try and prove to others how smart she was. She made an absolutely astounding math error trying to correct me regarding revenue cycle statistics that honestly left me speechless. The CEO knew it and gently tried to cut her off but she persisted with her flawed logic. I was embarrassed for her to be honest. The second founder who ran sales and marketing was particularly inept, like a kid playing executive. He had nothing to say or add. The third founder who seemed to run technology couldn’t articulate an R&D strategy, not a good look for a medical device company. I didn’t end up with an offer, which was fine by me because I instantly knew the day was a bust the minute the meeting started. If a CFO can’t close her mouth and open her ears, it’s not a good sign. I’m certain my absolute disregard for the founders amateurism showed. Feel bad for the CEO having to deal with those 3 on a daily basis. It’s not a surprise to me the stock is getting seriously shorted. One 1 hour meeting and I couldn’t wait to get the heck out.

Interview Questions

• How do you operate with other executive team members, what’s your style?   Answer Question