Inova Interview Questions in Fairfax, VA | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.6

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Inova (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

It was mostly just formalities and going over what working there would be like, how long the orientation would be, etc. Few here and there questions about my background and experience. It was a pretty easy interview.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Inova (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I applied on the Inova website. The recruiter reached out to me by phone to set up the interview. I met with the manager and one other staff member. The manager asked me questions from a list asking for specific examples. The interview ended. The manager told me they would get back to me by the end of the week. The recruiter called me later that day offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• "Give me an example of a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it"   Answer Question
    • "Give me an example of when a patient was unhappy and how did you resolve the situation"   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Fairfax, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for job on Indeed job board. Human resource reached out to me to arrange for on-site interview. Got there and was interviewed by potential future colleagues. They asked pretty basic interview questions.
    Later on was Interviewed by the manager's assistant and the manager later on.
    Got a tour of the lab, was a very cozy working environment. Everyone is very friendly. The equipments were all very new and high standard.
    ITMI Have very similar research goals with mine

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions
      Have you had any experiences with meeting the deadline in a business setting
      1 Answer

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Fairfax, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screening with HR followed by in person peer interview on the unit and shadowing. I liked that they did a shadowing with the interview because I got a good feel for the unit. Was offered the position less than a week later. My HR rep was very responsive and helpful. Very positive, good experience with the hiring process here.

Interview Questions

• Describe a memorable patient care experience from your clinicals?   2 Answers

Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Fairfax, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was so so interview. Nothing special. Asked the same predictable questions and not impressed. Spoke with someone over the phone first and then went in for 1:1 and group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really specific outside my previous experience and it's applicable to the current position. Asked how long I have been in the healthcare industry and why Inova. Most questions are answerable if you research little about the company.   Answer Question

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Fairfax, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied and heard a couple weeks later by email from a recruiter. We had to reschedule the phone interview a couple times, but she was very nice. I got an in-person interview the next day, didn't feel nervous and got the job ! Realized its not compatible with my schedule and it had rotating shifts so i had to decline.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a patient or customer who was unsatisfied and what did you do?   Answer Question

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Fairfax, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied and a recruiter contacted me within a week. My interview with the hiring manager took place approximately a week after that. Then I had my in person interview within 2 weeks. I then received my offer a week after that. So it took approximately a month from recruiter first contact.

Pcu Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Fairfax, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Lengthy to get a call back from a recruiter. Once you finally get an interview with a manager it's quick. So an initial screen on the phone with the recruiter who forwards your application. If the manager wants a face to face interview you are notified. You find out by the next day if you get the position.

Clinical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Inova (Fairfax, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I applied online and a day later I was called. I did a phone interview with HR. He asked me questions and we went over my resume. He then set up an interview with the clinical director of the department I wanted to interview for. Two days later I interviewed with the the clinical director and another two days later I received an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a disgruntled patient and what did you do to fix the situation.   Answer Question

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inova (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Casual discussion and tour of unit. Focus spent on the plans for OBED model of new triage unit in new women's hospital, and big move to the new space. Met with Manager of the unit, as well as line leader for triage, and some of the nurses working on staff that day. All extremely friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Discussed background and experience. This was a very informal process, as I had the position based on my years of experience and many references from current employees.   Answer Question