Inova Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.8

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Inova.

Interview

Interviewed for a job in a research lab. My prospective boss called me 'babe' during the interview and made multiple sexist comments. He berated my current boss at the time. Completely inappropriate. Contacted the facilitator of my interview multiple times to receive my reimbursement for my interview and haven't heard back for months. Met many administrative members of Inova who were very nice but overall my interview was absolutely terrible. I made it very clear at the end that I was in no way interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my research experience. Questions about my career goals.   Answer Question

Medical Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inova in March 2017.

Interview

I got an email from a lady at INOVA's HR for a phone interview on Thursday 3/3/17. I was really excited and looking forward to it. She asked when was a good time for a phone interview. I replied promptly that I was available all day. Nothing heard from her until the end of the day with an apology for replying late. I thanked her for replying any way. She asked me again about the following day. I specified the time at 10 am. She told me she would be in the meeting not able to talk and asked for any other time on that day. I right away gave her all day availability until 5pm. Nothing heard from her again a second time. On Monday the following week, I decided to shoot an email to ask if she was still interested to have a phone interview. She had a quick response with "Yes" and asked when should she call me. This time I also specified the time 3 pm. Nothing heard from her at all again the third time. I waited one more day for her to get back. Nothing at all. I was very anxious and frustrated. I decided to express my disappointment and not pursuing career at this company anymore by email. She replied in the early morning that "we are not interested to interview you any longer." What is going on with this company? Do you psychologically evaluate people through this process? It was horrible. Your ignorance is considered unacceptable and unprofessional. I've never been treated by any HR like this before. I was contacted from many places for opportunities. They were all professional. I was so disappointed with this kind of big company. I will never apply for job here for the rest of my life.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inova.

Interview

I had a phone interview and at the end of it we set up an in-person interview. She told me that HR will get back to me for all the logistics. Nope, never heard from HR. I tried to contact the manager but she ignored all of my messages. Friend of mine who works for INOVA even tried to follow-up with HR and the manager and was also ignored. I figured that if I wasn't a good fit, they would at least let me know. I don't appreciate being led on just to waste my time. Be courteous and professional.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Fairfax, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for job on Indeed job board. Human resource reached out to me to arrange for on-site interview. Got there and was interviewed by potential future colleagues. They asked pretty basic interview questions.
    Later on was Interviewed by the manager's assistant and the manager later on.
    Got a tour of the lab, was a very cozy working environment. Everyone is very friendly. The equipments were all very new and high standard.
    ITMI Have very similar research goals with mine

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions
      Have you had any experiences with meeting the deadline in a business setting   1 Answer

Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Inova in February 2017.

Interview

I recently applied for a pharmacist position and spoke with an HR lady for an initial phone screening a few days later. I was told that my application would be passed on to the hiring manager and I would be contacted within the next week or two for an onsite interview. I never heard from HR again. I have called HR multiple times and sent multiple emails. I was finally able to speak to the HR secretary (I think she was a secretary) who told me that she has passed my information and calls on to the original HR lady multiple times. I still haven't heard from them and it has been over 1 month. It seems like maybe I wasn't a good fit for the job or perhaps the position is on hold but it would have been nice to at least have been notified. This was a very frustrating process that ultimately left me with more questions than answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself and your goals. What are your strengths? Why are you interested in this position and company?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inova (Waldorf, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Before even getting to ANY interview at all, I was asked to take a 30-min. "Online Personality Test". I considered this quite an afront. Not even after 1sdt, 2nd or 3rd interview. But in order to even be considered I have to submit myself to and pass some digitized, algorithmed judgement via a "Personality Test". Maybe if after 2nd or 3rd interview - But before even being considered?!!! Offensive.

Interview Questions

• "Please go to the link below and take this 30-min. personality test."   1 Answer

fundraisng Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Inova'a interview process was lengthy. After I applied in response to an online posting, I had two phone interviews with a consulting firm, then two Skype interviews. The firm required and interviewed four references. After the reference interviews, I was scheuled for an in person interview with the a consultant, which narrowed the candidates to two or three for a final interview with the department lead and decision maker. She was an hour late.

Interview Questions

• What did you find difficult about your current/previous supervisor?   Answer Question

Fundraising Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Falls Church, VA).

Interview

Initial phone screen with a series of in-person interviews. Was strung along for each interview even though I was never offered a position. I even met with some very high-level Inova staff.

It was a lot of time wasted and I only found out I was no longer being considered after I emailed asking what was going on. In the end, little understanding of customer service when it comes to treating job applicants with respect.

More egregious was being asked the question about my schmoozing abilities (see below). Development work is minimized to being a paid "schmoozer" apparently...

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inova in August 2016.

Interview

I applied and I heard back about 2 weeks later with a phone screening and I made it to the next level. I am an out of town applicant and I ended up coming out to the area specifically for the interview. I wasn't given the option to interview via the internet. I ended up spending a lot of money on tickets because I bought the tickets a week before leaving not to get the job. I ended up having to reach out to them to find out they ended up hiring a different candidate when I was told I would be contacted. I figured I didn't get it after a couple weeks, but I finally reach out about a month later just because I wanted the official word. So not only did I spend hundreds of dollars on tickets when there is Skype, WebEx, but I couldn't be rejected properly.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Clinical Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Inova (Centreville, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the INOVA job portal. I didn't hear back for weeks so I called the Urgent Care location to get the contact information for the Manager. I had an in-person interview at the office that was easy-going and relaxed. Afterwards I was shown a brief tour of the office and told I would be in contact with the head of HR in 1-2 weeks.