Inova Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Inova Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.6

RN2 Interview

Interview

HR was horrible about returning phone calls and providing accurate information. If you are interested in a job at the hospitals I would suggest that you call the person in charge of the unit that you want to work on. They seem to push HR to get things done.? I was told my the nurse manager that HR had not given her my resume even though I submitted it 3 weeks prior to speaking with her

Interview Questions

Pay was very low and was given only 0.35 more cents when I tried negotiating. The hiring process too long. I applied at another area hospital and Was brought in for an interview 2 days after completing my online application. I offered the same position and offered $5.50 more and hour. The answer for me was simple

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Fairfax, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for job on Indeed job board. Human resource reached out to me to arrange for on-site interview. Got there and was interviewed by potential future colleagues. They asked pretty basic interview questions.
    Later on was Interviewed by the manager's assistant and the manager later on.
    Got a tour of the lab, was a very cozy working environment. Everyone is very friendly. The equipments were all very new and high standard.
    ITMI Have very similar research goals with mine

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions
      Have you had any experiences with meeting the deadline in a business setting
      1 Answer

Communications Coordinator Interview

Interview

Very easy and basic.You get a phone interview, then with your manager, the Director. Waiting period about a month.You get an overall description of your responsibilities, your duties with all details. Expectations. You feel very comfortable and is a non stress environment.

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Fairfax, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screening with HR followed by in person peer interview on the unit and shadowing. I liked that they did a shadowing with the interview because I got a good feel for the unit. Was offered the position less than a week later. My HR rep was very responsive and helpful. Very positive, good experience with the hiring process here.

Interview Questions

• Describe a memorable patient care experience from your clinicals?   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inova (Waldorf, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Before even getting to ANY interview at all, I was asked to take a 30-min. "Online Personality Test". I considered this quite an afront. Not even after 1sdt, 2nd or 3rd interview. But in order to even be considered I have to submit myself to and pass some digitized, algorithmed judgement via a "Personality Test". Maybe if after 2nd or 3rd interview - But before even being considered?!!! Offensive.

Interview Questions

• "Please go to the link below and take this 30-min. personality test."   1 Answer

Fundraising Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Falls Church, VA).

Interview

Initial phone screen with a series of in-person interviews. Was strung along for each interview even though I was never offered a position. I even met with some very high-level Inova staff.

It was a lot of time wasted and I only found out I was no longer being considered after I emailed asking what was going on. In the end, little understanding of customer service when it comes to treating job applicants with respect.

More egregious was being asked the question about my schmoozing abilities (see below). Development work is minimized to being a paid "schmoozer" apparently...

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Fairfax, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied and heard a couple weeks later by email from a recruiter. We had to reschedule the phone interview a couple times, but she was very nice. I got an in-person interview the next day, didn't feel nervous and got the job ! Realized its not compatible with my schedule and it had rotating shifts so i had to decline.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a patient or customer who was unsatisfied and what did you do?   Answer Question

Amb Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Inova.

Interview

While there are as many different possible interview questions as there are interviewers, it always helps to be ready for anything. Which is why we've taken the time to prepare this list of 100 potential interview questions.

Will you face them all? We pray no interviewer would be that cruel.

Will you face a few? Probably.

Clinical Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fair Oaks, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Inova (Fair Oaks, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter, it took about two day after I turned in the application. They confirmed that you are aware of the time and type of position. Clinical tech is not a walk in the park, you are on your feet and working your whole shift. She confirmed the pay and checked to see if you had another position you were interested in and then told me she would send my resume and application on to the hiring manager. Within a few hours that same day I received a call from the hiring manager who runs the medical unit. She checks to see why you want to work as a clinical tech and why you want to work in their unit. They also make sure you are committing to working at least 1-2 years. Then I scheduled and interview for the very next morning. It was a panel interview with one of the nurse supervisors and the unit secretary as well as the hiring manager. I also got a tour of the unit and talked with a new hire tech who answered all my questions about the job and expectations.

They will hire people with no medical experince, if you desire to pursue nursing or go into medicine it helps your odds a lot. You don't need a degree but again it helps to have some college course under your belt.

Interview Questions

• It's a behavioral interview, you are told to think of specific situations. If you have not worked medical it makes it a little bit harder but lots of jobs have carry over situtions.
      Give a time when you had a difficult patient and how you handled tha situation?

Give a situation when you had limited resources how did you handle the situation?

Explain a program/ process you implemented to inmporve your work enviornment?

Explain a time when you have a coworker who was not doing their job, how did you handle it?

Explain a time when you had to advocate for a patient?

Explain your leadership roles.
      1 Answer

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burke, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Burke, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

1) I met nurse recruiter at a networking/hiring event. Gave resume during that time. 2) I was called approximately 2 weeks later for an interview. 3) Phone interview with office RN. Then was asked for a in-person panel interview before phone interview ended. 4) Panel interview with Dr, office personnel, hiring manager, and RN (from phone interview). 5) Office tour

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, felt that the offer was fair.