Inovalon Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inovalon (Bowie, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Having read the reviews of this company I was fully prepared going in. I met with one of the senior HR people and spoke with her at length. She pretty much went point by point down my resume, however it wasn't long before I realized she hadn't actually read it. Her main concern - repeatedly, mind you - was the gap in employment on my resume and almost nothing I said seemed to satisfy her on this issue. There are only so many ways one can truthfully state why one hasn't worked recently for a corporation. However, I did end up interviewing with 3 other HR reps. Throughout the whole thing no one would tell me anything about the job or the 'man of mystery' they were trying to hire for. Very frustrating bunch.
One gent insinuated that my writing career (am published), my small business, and charity work wasn't "work" at all because I accomplished it from a home office. Same fellow (all the HR people were around 25, so if you're over 40 get ready for serious ageism issues) asked me several times if I thought I could "keep up" in a fast paced environment. Yes, that is true.

At that point I was resigned to smiling and getting out quickly. I was told I definitely was coming back for an interview with the executive but never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Why are you returning to work now?   1 Answer