InsideSales.Com Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

InsideSales.Com Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InsideSales.Com (Provo, UT) in January 2014.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at my University's Career Fair...mostly a brief "who are you" pitch and handing off a resume. She followed up with a phone screen a few days later in the morning to judge culture fit and such. She set up for me to come into the office for an interview that afternoon. She also sent an email with directions & such and asked me to take a brief personality test.

When I showed up at the office for the onsite interview, the recruiter welcomed me and told me that I would be interviewing with someone from engineering, taking a programming quiz, and touring the facilities. After waiting for about ten minute for the engineer to come, the recruiter said that he was busy and that we should tour the building. After touring the building and waiting another ten minutes, the recruiter had me take the programming test. The test consisted of questions regarding PHP syntax, class design, and your basic programming questions. No actual coding that I recall and the majority of it was multiple choice. After completing the test (probably 20 minutes), the engineer was finally ready to interview me. He seemed very scattered and the interview was quite brief. He asked me questions about my resume, my experience, etc. I think he had "more important business" than conducting this interview because that's how I felt he was treating it. The whole day seemed thrown together at the last minute, which by my experience, I'm pretty sure it was.

The next day, the recruiter set me up with the next interviews for a week out. Those interviews went much better. I met with the engineering management (two different interviews), the hiring committee, and the CEO. The management interviews were behavioral and also asked about my work experience. The hiring committee interview I don't remember anything except that it went well and was brief. The CEO interview was...interesting. The recruiter prepped me by saying that everyone interviews with him and that he can ask anything and everything with very quick questions and to not be intimidated. I would say that fairly accurately describes how the interview went...almost like he was trying to catch you off guard and admit to something you shouldn't have done. Maybe even like some type of interrogation.

I was extended an offer which was much lower than what I expected. I later provided research to the recruiter in what I felt was a fair wage. She took it with grain of salt, saying she would see what she could do. In the mean time, I received an offer from another company which not only exceeded what I expected, but was over 60% higher than the offer from InsideSales. I took this to the recruiter who said she had previously told the hiring committee that I was going to get better offers, but they said to "just try it out and see what happens". What happened? I...didn't accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions, but it was mostly behavioral questions...aside from the PHP programming quiz on the computer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for InsideSales.Com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InsideSales.Com (Provo, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called at Provo for the interview. I was interviewed with 2 managers and 1 VP and all of them asked me questions on resume and some cultural fir questions. They were looking for PHP people. I wonder if they had already made their decision then why was I called in the first place.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InsideSales.Com (Provo, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the HR head and another manager. I was asked very few technical questions. Took a test on some simple jquery problems and a personality test. The recruiter, Julie was awesome in helping me get everything done.

Interview Questions

• How do you ensure you write quality code?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at InsideSales.Com in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter, and agreed to let them submit my resume. I live out of state so all interviews were over the phone or via skype. First call was an HR screen, then 6 skype calls over the next 6 weeks with different people, all one-on-one calls. I meet with the product manager, a development director, tech knowledge interview, another senior director, the CTO. Many of the the interviewers were late, cancelled at the last minute, or just stood me up without notice.

They are very busy, and skype interviews with out of state candidates are probably the lowest item on their priority list. So if anything more important comes up, their culture is to cancel or no show the candidate and attend to more pressing matters. Happened on 3 of the 6 skype calls. After 6 weeks of interviews, I had a scheduled call with a talent acquisition director to review a job offer, and that was cancelled at the last minute too. I should have withdrawn well before that, but that sealed the deal for me.

Interview Questions

• Every person will ask you about unit testing. It's definitely something they love and are passionate about. Yu could easily spend your whole interview talking about nothing else, they love it that much.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InsideSales.Com (Provo, UT) in February 2013.

Interview

Did a phone interview with an HR guy. Brought in for an interview. I thought I nailed it. The technical questions were easy. Felt I had impressed them. The gave me a quiz on PHP for web dev. I know I got these right. Then I got the e-mail saying "no offer". So I was a little confused. Got a better job in the mean time yet they still try to recruit me.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied on their site and got a call for phone interview. HR seemed very nice and helpful but the people who took my interview seemed to be in hurry or they had already decided that they don't find me fit. I think in about 5 minutes they hung up. I was interrupted while I was answering one question if I had any questions and I was confused as in why is he asking me this so soon. I asked something and then he hung up. There was suppose to be someone else too but he had no questions for me.

Seriously speaking I found the company to be very promising and would have liked to work there but not after all this.

If they found me not fit for the position then I would have appreciated if they would have told me this upfront rather than just passing by like air.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InsideSales.Com (Provo, UT) in September 2012.

Interview

My initial contact with the company was at one of the regularly held open houses. There was food and a chance to circulate and chat with the recruiter and prospective co-workers. There was a short presentation about what the company does and a Q&A session. There was a tour of the workplace and an opportunity to talk more one-on-one with potential co-workers and a hiring manager. I requested an interview and got an email address to submit my resume.

Before going to the interview, I filled out the application and took a personality inventory (Persogenics). The Persogenics results are used in hiring decisions but there was no explanation of how much weight they are given.

The first part of the interview process was a quick discussion with HR (I don't remember much about this :-) followed by a short computerized technical test on PHP, Javascript, and HTML.

Next, I had an interview with the hiring managers, which covered my employment history, what kind of projects I had worked on, and what kind of worker I was. The questions were not very detailed. I had the opportunity to ask any questions I wanted. It probably took 30-40 minutes.

The second interview was with the CEO, who makes it a priority to interview all prospective hires. He is very energetic and intelligent, and obviously passionate about what the company is doing. He asked high-level questions about my work history, personality in the workplace, and strengths and weaknesses. After spending some time with him, it's easy to believe that the company is going to take over the world. This interview took another 30 minutes or so.

I received an offer the morning after the interview. I had two days to make a decision. Moving quickly on new hires is typical for the company.

Interview Questions

• There were no really unexpected questions, but there were a couple of the typical difficult ones, such as "What is your biggest personal weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did get an offer to stay at my current employer with a salary increase. I asked the recruiter if they would be willing to make a counter-offer. The answer was "possibly", but that they were not going to get into a bidding war. They were also not willing to give me extra time beyond the initial two days to negotiate or make a decision.