InsideView Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

3.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InsideView (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Written Test :
           3 coding questions and 4 tricky code snippets expecting output with explanation
Followed by 2 rounds of technical interviews and a managerial round
Process took the whole day.

Interview Questions

• Written Test: write code
    1. Given array of stock prizes find the Max profit obtained by buying n selling any times?
    Ex:{100,190,210,30,50,20,90,100}
    Buy at 100 and sell at 210 & again buy at 30 and sell at 50 and ...
    Max Profit={(210-100) + (50-30) + (100-20)}

2. Reverse Stack in place without using any extra variables or data structures

3. Validate given expression is valid or not
    Eg: (a+b)*c is valid, ab+c is invalid

Technical Interview Questions:
    Hashcode vs equals

Deadlocks implementation
    Semaphores and mutex
    How to prevent deadlocks

-> Find position of an element in a sorted array of infinite numbers

About my current company project   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for InsideView

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at InsideView (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Totally there were 6 rounds

initial four rounds was on skype.

1st round they ask about my roles and responsibilities in my current company and then asked some puzzles and Data structure related questions.

2nd round they ask on JAVA and frameworks related question . they asked basic question in JAVA and OOPS concepts

3rd was on design related question and Algorithms

f4th round was done my engineering manager he asked puzzles

After this 4 rounds they shortlisted me and asked me to come for F2F

then again they asked Questions on DS and Algo

finally its done.

overall interview experience was awesome.interviewers was very helpful and polite.

Interview Questions

• given an array of numbers with a difference between every consecutive number of 1.
      find a number K in that array in optimized way with complexity < n   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got what i Expected.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at InsideView (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

2 Technical rounds, 1 Managerial round, 1 HR round. They asked me to solve some problems. asked java basics. advanced, they were patient. they respect candidates, they helped me to solve the problems. each round were nearly 45-50 minutes. Java, DS & Algo, you are in. :)

Interview Questions

• They told me to design a given feature in a website.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at InsideView.

Interview

I was basically from other place rather than where Inside View office would be.
    Before calling me to interview there were totally 3 -Telephonic rounds

1st -Telephonic was purely based on Mathematics (Progressions,Permuations and Combinations) and few algorithms
    2nd -Telephonic was on JAVA/J2EE technologies (Spring,Hibernate,Core JAVA,Threading,Collections,Garbage Collection concepts)
    3rdd -Telephonic was on both JAVA and Algorithms ( Go through howtodoinjava and Geeksforgeeks to crack it comfortably)

Then I had F2F after almost a fortnight

4th round F2F -Threads,HashMap,Permutation of Numbers question
    5th round -Senior Member round -More on Project work(deep inside into it) ,Basics of SQL,Garbage collection in JAVA
    6th round -HR round (Salary,any offers etc)

Interview Questions

• Given a stream of integers find median   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InsideView (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

It was scheduled walk in interview. There were around 40 candidates appeared for the interview.

First round was written test consists of ten questions. Quetions of DS, multi threading, collections. One word about the test was 'oh so difficult'. During interview they served snacks and drinks which I havent experienced before. After done with the test they had given a presentation about the company. Overall it was good experience even though I didnt select.

Interview Questions

• Questions I remember:
      1. Write a program using multi threading in java to print sequence of numbers in ascending order from 1 to 10 using ten threads.
      2. Wrtte an algorithm for binary search for the given sorted array when the array was rotated on any specific index.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InsideView (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

I have 2yrs experience in software development. They called me for F2F interview. I was asked to write a program that reads data, which is like a table in database, and produces results for user queries.

Data is: in txt file.

ID, FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, AGE, SALARY, TITLE
    1, "venkatesh", "kumar", 21, 30000, "reporter"
    2, "kiran", "kannan", 45, 9000, "chairman"
    3, "pradeep", "mishra", 35, 15000, "manager"
    4, "suman", "raj", 35, 12000, "manager"

user query will be like
    "select firstName, lastName where age>25 orderby salary dsc"

dsc - for descending
    you have to produce appropriate records. I didn't well in interview. but later I tried to solve it. I provided my answer below.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InsideView (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

I have applied for Software Engineer job online, one day I got a call from HR and scheduled a telephonic round of interview. I have prepared for all my skill set that I have mentioned in resume. Two interviewers (SSE level) called me on time and started discussion about my current project details, I gave brief description of what I am working currently. They started asking questions about DataStructures and Algorithms based on Arrays which I did not expect in telephonic round, later they asked java questions like collection typical questions, Comparator, Comparable, Servlets, Spring MVC and IOC etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to Algorithms in telephonic interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InsideView (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

1 interview 1 onsite coding round. good one, involved design and algorithmic knowledge of java.
    2 algorithmic interviews,
    2 management interviews(not very hectic, quizzed about various projects I did before),
    1 puzzles by the chairman(lifted from standard puzzles book).

Interview Questions

• decide if 2 strings are anagrams ? second question was a dynamic programming question third question was a question on probability/sampling.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at InsideView (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

It was fun giving interview for this company.
    Questions were to check depth of my technical strength and problem solving aptitude.
    Interviewers were impressive and very clear about what they want to ask.

Negotiation

It was smooth, though I should have negotiated more. In retrospect I feel so.