Insight Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Insight Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.2

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insight.

Interview

Started with a call from the recruiter, an interview was set up 2 weeks later and then I had an in person interview with the sales managers. The process took a little over 3 weeks after initial application.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the first 30 days to ensure your cold calling is successful?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Insight

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was provided some optional dates to discuss position with the manager, Spoke over the phone and then was provided dates for face to face meeting. Meeting went well but not the right fit. I appreciate the time and the opportunity and would look for other positions when they become available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Insight (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, went through 2 phone interviews. Then scheduled an in person interview with account manager. I was told that by both women that they would recommend me to the next step in the process...a week later I was contacted by the recruiter and told that they thought I was a great candidate but would not be recomending me for the next step.

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Insight (Chantilly, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

You can apply online then a recruiter will call you to and conduct a phone interview. If the phone interview goes well they will then set up a one on one interview with one of the managers. The manager will go through your resume and have you explain what you have listed in your previous job. They were very excited about the new contact SEWP V and want people with experience with the contract.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Insight (Tempe, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

3 Interviews, straightforward questions, overall and easy interview for an honest experienced sales person. Be prepared with your former companies elevator pitch, and some stories about successes and failures in the past.

Interview Questions

• Work history, how you have overcome issues and objections in the past   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Insight (Denver, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

Recommended by departing Account Executive, I submitted my resume and cover letter in person. One week later had a face to face interview with the hiring manager. That went well and I was told I'd be moving forward. Four weeks transpired with limited response from the hiring manager. Finally, I was contacted to schedule the next face to face interview. That went well and I was told I was one of 2 or 3 final candidates. A final step may be going to Tempe to meet with other managers and tour the facility, I was told to follow up the following week if I hadn't been contacted yet which I did. I continued attempting to follow up for over a month. No response. Contacted the recruiter to find out if I was still in consideration and was told I was one of the two final candidates and should have heard from the hiring manager by that time. The recruiter said they would contact the hiring manager to get status and try to get him to contact me. Ten days later I received a call from the hiring manager that he had chosen another candidate that had "more software sales experience" than me. He came from a network hardware manufacturer.

Interview Questions

• How much government sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Insight.

Interview

Was referenced by an employee and was contacted by an Insight recruiter. Phone based interview was pretty standard with questions about background and selling points of Insight. Follow up interview was with an Operations Manager with a deeper dive on previous interview questions. More focused on personality and interaction with internal support resources. Next step was face to face interview with hiring manager with questions focusing on segment experience and technical background. Final interview was with VP but more of a formality since hiring manager ultimately extended the offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular. Pretty standard questions for an IT sales position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated salary to a certain degree. Salaries vary depending on position and level of experience.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Was recruited based on job history and was advised of extraordinary growth potential but just didn't turn out to be that

Interview Questions

• Wheter or not this job would be good for stability in role for years to come   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy paper work

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight (Tempe, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

First you'll have a phone interview with a recruiter and they'll go over the standard questions; "tell me about a time...". If you pass that interview the recruiter will schedule an in person interview typically with 2 sales managers. Then in a couple of days you'll hear from the recruiter and they will send you instructions for your drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions

• You're asked to sell the sales managers your cell phone during the interview. Sometimes, depending on the interviewing managers, you may also be asked to leave a mock voicemail.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting base and commission are standard, no negotiating.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insight in August 2013.

Interview

Very easy. It wasn't a hard process to get the interview. After a screening with a phone recruiter, I was moved on to the next round. I needed to take a personality quiz to determine fit, although I don't think that personality quiz is very indicative of the role of job.