Insight Accounting Team Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Accounting Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insight (Tempe, AZ) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied for an internal position. I had to get the approval of my current manager, post my resume and application for the position on the internal intranet, and then was contacted by the manager hiring for the position.
At the time of the interview, I entered the scheduled conference room and was greeted by two managers, one from the team that the position was on and one from a sister team within the department. They began asking personality questions (ex. Tell me about a time when you.... How did you react and what was the outcome?" etc.) They alternated questions and wrote down my answers as I relayed them back.
After about 14 or 15 questions, I took a brief excel test involving a spreadsheet of data and the manager requesting use of a pivot table to return the data he was looking for. After several different requests, he asked me to explain how a vlookup worked. Then there was a short Access test, requiring me to link two tables together and process a simple query.
The entire process lasted about 2 hours, after I asked them all the questions I had about the position. I was told I would hear back within the week (interview was on Monday). Friday I received a meeting request for the following Monday. Monday, the meeting was pushed back again.

Interview Questions

• What would your current manager say is your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Haven't quite negotiated anything yet. I'm hoping the offer is competitive and will allow me to negotiate with other involved parties to get the best outcome.