Insight Global Recruiter, Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Insight Global Recruiter, Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Insight Global

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with some current recruiters at a University career fair and got contact information from them and gave them a resume. A recruiter reached out to me shortly after and we had a brief phone conversation about my post-graduation plans and she asked me to have an on-campus interview. We met on-campus and had a short one on one interview where she mainly asked me about myself and my experiences I have had and mostly wanted to answer questions I had. I then was invited to meet with the director in the Minneapolis office, unfortunately on the day I was scheduled to interview she wasn't in the office so I met with several other senior account managers who asked me similar questions as my first interviewer. They then asked me to come back again to interview with the director I was supposed to meet that day, but I declined. All people I interviewed with were great, but after seeing the office and getting a better feel for the company I decided it wasn't a great fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions that asked were "tell me about you", it's a recruiter position so they were looking for a lot of questions to assess personality.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn by a corporate recruiter. After a brief screening on the phone I was set up with an interview in person. This interview was with 6 different people over the course of an hour.
    They ask fairly typical questions, but more importantly want you to have a lot of questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Orlando, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

The Interview process was one of the most enjoyable I have experienced. The corporate recruiter I spoke with was very nice and easy to talk to as well as very organized and punctual. The office manager I interviewed was the same way. It was a very conversational and less formal kind of interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Arlington, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

the interview process is so weird. Not once was I asked about anything technical or anything about my resume. They say they are very conversational because that's what you're going to be like with your clients if you work here. All seemed great. My recruiter was awesome and seemed confident in me after our on campus interview, said I did great after the second round driving hours to the office and was offered a final lunch interview. I kept the conversation very casual as that seemed to be all they wanted to hear and judge you on looks and what not. People are right when they say they recruit like sorority/fraternity rush. I was then called a week later and was told I was not offered a job. When I asked for any feedback they said nothing at all its just high competition. This same process happened to three of my friends here.

Interview Questions

• how are you doing? why sales?   1 Answer

Recruiter/Account Manager Interview

Interview

It was very informative, clean, professional, and I was very impressed. I had a phone screen to start, then an in-person interview, then a final lunch interview with our sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from another state. She was very friendly but struck me as “selling” the job a little too hard. The interview was about the same: I interviewed with two account managers, and they were friendly and professional. But it was structured more like a conversation than an interview.

They seemed very stressed out by the questions I asked. They liked me up until that point, I think. At the end of the interview I asked them 2-3 pretty standard questions “what are the biggest challenges someone in the role would face” etc.

The recruiter had asked me to let her know how it went so I gave her a call. She said she had spoken with them already and “they said they were able to answer QUITE A FEW of your questions.” It was quite passive aggressive. If you don’t want to answer a few basic questions, you should not have the role of interviewing potential new hires. That’s a huge red flag.

I also got the feeling that the overall work culture was a bit cult-like.

It’s a no from me

Interview Questions

• If you found out you would receive a billion dollars when your grandparents passed away, what would you do in the meantime   Answer Question
    • What makes you a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Recruiter/Account Manager Interview

Interview

I interviewed with three different people, and two of them were actual account managers. Everyone was friendly! They mentioned wanting a more conversational environment, but for the most part, we went through typical interview topics. There was definitely an emphasis on getting to know the interviewer and asking engaging questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (Hartford, CT) in February 2019.

Interview

It was AMAZING, so personable and the recruiter who was looking for you in the hiring process wanted to get to know you personally. He then after the phone call interview wanted to get me in quickly to get a personal interview and helped me set it up. The only thing I did not like about the interview process was the diagnostic test they ask you to do. Super in-personal and they ask for your SSN. (not of a fan of that)

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from the rest of your co workers or peers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Insight Global (Dallas, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

Insight Global is looking for attractive girls (mostly), to sell the service they offer. Everyone in this office was a cute girl in her mid to late twenties who seem as though they couldn't have landed a more kushy job. They went on and on about how fun the environment is and how "they can like, totally see some of these girls being their bridesmaids." They first call you (maybe after they have contacted you on Linked In), then if you pass that basic test, they call you in for an in-person, one-on-one interview however, you interview with 2-4 different people. This round feels like an actual interview where you're actually talking about the job and asking questions. This seems like the true test and like it would be enough. Then if you pass that test round, they test your anxiety and overthinking in a final round where they take you either to lunch, dinner, or happy hour. This is the most painful and unnecessary part of the interview. You will leave this part thinking you absolutely ruined your chances of getting this job. They barely discuss the job, barely give you a chance to talk (at least at the Dallas location), and you speak almost nothing of your qualities and what you can contribute to the job. The person who recruited you calls you the day before every interview to tell you exactly what to say which brings me to the question: how can you be yourself if you're reading off a script? The script leads you to believe that you MUST mention every single thing on it and that if you leave ANYTHING off, you will fail. They say the third round is purely conversational but in my 3rd interview, I interviewed with a man and a woman in their late twenties and we were literally talking about the lady's engagement to her fiance and how the guy has a girl from back home. I literally got asked if my University allowed drinking on campus. We talked about dating, partying, and basically anything that wasn't related to the job. If I began to start discussing the job, it almost seemed as if they would begin to steer me away from that topic. The pay sucks, too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Insight Global (Austin, TX) in December 2018.

Interview

Very conversational- they want to see that you can interact well with whoever talks to you, and that you can lead a conversation. Felt like I was going through sorority rush all over again.